Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 7 Windows 7
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How can i recover my Windows 7 home basic on Acer Aspire 5742?

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

13-Feb-2011, 11:41 PM #1
How can i recover my Windows 7 home basic on Acer Aspire 5742?
Please help!!! I bought a new Acer Aspire 5742 laptop (Core i3, 3G Ram, 500GB Hard,) few days ago. It has Pre-installed operating system, Windows 7 Home Basic. Iís told to make system backup and I did and saved it on hard drive rather making a backup Disk. Unfortunately a virus or some type of programme invaded and the whole window corrupted in few seconds. I tried my best to restore windows using Acer e-recovery manager first by restoring them to an earlier point but that didnít work. Later I tried to use system image Iíd already made but same problem was there. Getting freaked out, I restored windows to factory settings but it was really dis-hearting to see that an error occurred so windows could nít be restored to factory settings. So Iíve to install a pirated version of windows 7 ultimate. NowÖ please tell me that is there any way to restore original windows 7 in my laptop. Iíve heard that there is a recovery disc for my laptop provided by Acer from which I can restore Windows. Is this true? As Iíve formatted the windows and also deleted the backup Iíve created earlier. Is there any Re-installation CD/DVD which Acer provides? And Drivers Disc as well?? If is there any, how can I get? Please help me. Iím so worried.
Senior Member with 3,791 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
14-Feb-2011, 02:18 AM #2
You may find you'll get more help if you edit out the reference to having installed a pirated version. No-one here should help you in those circumstances.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,940 posts.

14-Feb-2011, 10:32 AM #3
We won't help with a pirated version, but we will help with trying to replace it with a genuine version.

Check Acer's web site for information about ordering a set of Recovery DVDs to restore your system to factory defaults. Call them if necessary. They probably offer them, and sometimes if the machine is still under warranty the OEM will even ship them to you for free.

I'm guessing you have (or had) Windows 7 Home Premium, as there is no Home Basic and with that machine I doubt you had Windows 7 Starter.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 58,976 posts.

Experience: Advanced
14-Feb-2011, 11:15 AM #4
kaleem:

Go here and here.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Mar-2011, 10:35 AM #5
Hi i dont know where to post,so sorry if this is the wrong place. I have a acer aspire 5742,windows 7 premium. the problem is i got a virus on it today and i kept getting a blue screen message,i tried resetting it to an earlier date and it wouldnt do it,so i then decided to rest factory settings and now its telling me that it cannot install my windows! please help,i have contacted acer company and i dont have the money to pay for it. can i get discs to solve this problem? what should i do? thanks
Computer Specs
Moderator with 66,940 posts.

15-Mar-2011, 11:05 AM #6
kaleem, my advice to contact Acer via web site or phone still stands, but I need to correct myself on Windows 7 Home Basic. It is offered in some markets, so that is likely what was pre-installed.

pinkjean, if your Recovery partition is non-functioning and you did not create a set of Recovery DVDs or CDs then your least expensive option--if Acer offers it--is to buy a set of Recovery DVDs from them. If you desire more help than this please start a new thread, as described in the Welcome Guide and Video, which you presumably just read or watched.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!