Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Libraries folder opens at start up

(!)

Member with 40 posts.

24-Apr-2011, 11:25 AM #1
Solved: Libraries folder opens at start up
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4095 Mb
Graphics Card: LogMeIn Mirror Driver, 7 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 610477 MB, Free - 429739 MB; D: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 327695 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5QL PRO, Rev 1.xx, MS1C87B55100905
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

Whenever my computer starts up, the Libraries folder opens on my desktop. This is something fairly new.
I have run a scan with Avast, also with Microsoft Security Essentials, and checked msconfig, and Autoruns. There is no sign of anything in start up that points to the Libraries folder. I have also scanned with Malware Bytes Antimalware and Superantispyware. All come up empty!

All Windows updates have been installed.

I'm not quite sure why the log above shows LogMeIn mirror driver as my graphics card - I have an NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS.

It is only an inconvenience to have the Libraries folder open, but I would like to stop it happening.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Member with 40 posts.

25-Apr-2011, 11:52 AM #2
Since I posted, I did some research on my own, and came across a solution at the website below:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r256...rtup-~start=20
The answer is in the 7th post down, and it involves a change to the registry. Thanks to auggy who provided a solution.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!