Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 8 Windows 8
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

windows 8 library files gone

(!)

Member with 3 posts.

15-May-2012, 09:51 PM #1
windows 8 library files gone
so i downloaded windows 8 and all was well. after about 3 weeks, i cant access any of my documents, photos, videos or music. the files that they would otherwise go under will not work. so pretty much i cant do anything with my files i get the error message:

documents.library.ms is no longer working. this libary can safely be deleted from the computer. forders that have been included will not be affected.

My specs:
64 bit
windows 8 (duh)
pavilion dv6
Computer Specs
Moderator with 65,369 posts.

16-May-2012, 04:15 PM #2
The error message seems to be saying that the (Documents) library is not working, but any included folders should be OK. Is that inaccurate? Folders and files are also missing? Or do you not know how to access them w/o using a Library?
Member with 3 posts.

16-May-2012, 06:12 PM #3
not sure
i cant confirm anything. it will not let me access anything, so i cant say. what i do know is that when i was looking at my pictures through the metro app, i couldnt see my pictures at all.
Computer Specs

16-May-2012, 07:11 PM #4
I haven't had much luck with the Metro Apps, including the photo one. Someone with some knowledge will probably drop by and give you better help than I can with Metro. I mostly use the desktop when playing with Windows 8.
Member with 3 posts.

16-May-2012, 07:45 PM #5
my problem is more with the inability to access my library folders. i have found a temporary fix by creating a whole new library file, and i figured out how access some of my files, but not all.
Computer Specs

17-May-2012, 09:10 AM #6
You should still be able to access all folders and files with Windows Explorer w/o using libraries same as with previous versions of WE. You'll probably have to give specifics for somebody here to help with your problem(s).
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!