Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 8 Windows 8
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows 8 not booting

(!)

Computer Specs
Moderator with 67,271 posts.

19-Jun-2012, 02:51 PM #16
Quote:
this time, I would boot off it in BIOS and it would load the files, then the screen will go black, and go nowhere.
That (sorta) happened to me this morning when I installed using a USB flash drive. When the screen goes black after copying the files it is rebooting. I wasn't watching closely and did not realize. I also did not realize that with the USB it will boot again from it w/o, as with a CD/DVD, asking for a "hit any key." So, the second time I paid more attention and when the screen went blank I removed the USB flash drive and everything then went smoothly.

Maybe your problem is different, as you said "and go nowhere."
Computer Specs
Member with 4,430 posts.

Experience: Advanced
19-Jun-2012, 08:08 PM #17
When the install restarts it needs to boot the HDD that the 8 files have been copied too.

With Usb stick install if possible use the Bios boot menu to select Usb stick at the start but have the HDD as 1st boot device in the Bios, then you don't need to change anything manually at the restart.

Using a DVD to install should be ok if you don't 'press any key' after the restart.

BUT when there is more than one HDD you have to ensure the drive the 8 files get copied too will boot after the restart. It's easiest with just one HDD connected for the 8 install, you can add entries to 8's boot menu later when the other HDD(s) are connected again.
Computer Specs
Member with 2 posts.

20-Jun-2012, 02:04 PM #18
Another thing is I can hardly read my monitor screen as it's broken up when I start the setup and enter the key. Does this sound like I have a bad disc? It has done this on two different discs I burned from two downloads.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
bios, boot disc, operating system, windows, windows 8

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!