Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows 8 Windows 8
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Stuck on boot menu!

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

27-Feb-2013, 07:45 PM #1
Angry Stuck on boot menu!
Okay so I turned on my computer this morning (its a samsung laptop) and it was all black and it had an option of boot menu
1. Windows Boot Manager
2.Windows Boot Manager (again I don't know why)
3. SATA CD : : TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-U633J
and App Menu
1. Setup
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 11,299 posts.

28-Feb-2013, 08:51 PM #2
lolomg

You have a Samsung with Windows 8 pre-installed is my opinion and the computer has what is known as a UEFI - (BIOS) system
That boots from a file on the hard drive in a partition created when the O/S was installed and in which are the files to boot to Windows

Try both Windows boot manager, there should only be ONE, it has the indications at the moment, although it may be other causes, of someone changing settings and trying to boot from a DVD etc.

It would help if you could post the full model of the Samsung, and indeed any details in respect of any attempted boots, installations , changes, use of registry cleaners, boosters etc., BEFORE this problem arose.

Was it by chance left powered on, on battery only and the battery failed, whilst it was running, if so it may be a corruption of files caused whilst updates were being installed. Not a likely cause , but possible.

Finally HOW OLD is the Samsung please
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 11,299 posts.

17-Mar-2013, 01:01 PM #3
lolomg

It is now some three weeks since you asked for advice
A response to the help offered would be greatly appreciated.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!