Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Phone Devices Windows Phone Devices
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > > >

How to sync my calendar with Nokia Lumia 800

(!)

Member with 20 posts.

14-Apr-2012, 05:00 AM #1
How to sync my calendar with Nokia Lumia 800
Hi,
I am using windows 7 and windows live mail. My Nokia Lumia 800 shows the following error on my Windows Live account. "The server you are trying to connect to doesn't support Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. Error code 85030022"

I've checked that my data is on Hotmail Calendar and then try a forced sync nothing happened and the same error remains.

When I initially connected my phone to my computer and installed Zune, all my contacts and calendar details were imported to it so a sync connection must be there.

Any new FaceBook contacts have to be synced manually but the calendar details have to be actually added to the phone.

All the suggestions I have found so far seem to be referring to Outlook whereas I'm using Windows Live Mail as my email client.

Kind regards
Terry
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

14-Apr-2012, 09:16 AM #2
I can't really tell from your post what you're trying to sync with what and how you have things setup. Windows Phone OS is designed to work with Windows Live accounts.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphon...nd-to-dos.aspx
Member with 20 posts.

15-Apr-2012, 04:40 AM #3
I am trying to sync my Windows Live Mail Calendar with my phone. As I said, when I initially set up my Windows Live account, all my calender details were syned with my phone when I first installed Zune. After that time, nothing has synced, even when I select it to do so from 'settings' on the phone.

I can force a Facebook sync from the settings on the phone but it doesn't happen automatically.

All my photos/docs in SkyDrive are udated automatically.

One thing that I'm not sure of is what to put in the server box in Windows Live settings. At the moment I have put the POP address of my ISP.

I only have one option to sync showing and that is email, which is ticked.

Perhaps I should try to talk to Nokia.

Kind regards
Terry
Account Disabled with 24,388 posts.

15-Apr-2012, 10:19 AM #4
It sounds like there shouldn't even be a server box if you select a Windows Live account.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphon...l-account.aspx

The fact that the phone is giving you an error related to Exchange tells me you configured something incorrectly.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!