Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Virtual Box...

(!)

Member with 4 posts.

24-Jul-2012, 01:48 PM #1
Unhappy Virtual Box...
Hi,
Currently I am on my home network behind a typical BT router serving several computers.

On one PC, which has a wireless Ethernet connection and is running Windows 7 Home Edition I have installed VirtualBox.

Within virtual box I have installed one virtual PC, which is Windows Server 2003. I wish to add Active Directory etc to my virtual server PC to turn it into a domain controller, but for the life of me I cannot connect my virtual Windows Server 2003 to my home network or the internet. When I tried loading Active Directory I could not because it said the virtual PC has no IP address assigned to it.

Can somebody please help me out? I am fine with programming but when it comes to IP addresses, subnet masks, DNS servers I come unstuck. Within my virtual PC when I type ipconfig/all at the cmd prompt there are no details at all!

How do I create a connection for my virtual server 2003?

Thanks!
Trusted Advisor with 19,633 posts.

24-Jul-2012, 02:11 PM #2
Duplicate post. Please refrain from starting multiple threads for the same question.
http://forums.techguy.org/networking...rtual-box.html
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!