Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Server Windows Server
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: missing lsass.exe error 0xc000007a

(!)

Member with 39 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
29-Jun-2010, 01:45 PM #1
Solved: missing lsass.exe error 0xc000007a
I have a windows server 2003 standard edition machine that is a domain controller. i had to reboot server and got error stating:

lsass.exe - system error
Directory services could not start because of the following error: The specified procedure could not be found. Error status: 0xc000007a. Please click OK to shutdown this system and reboot into Directoy Services Restore Mode, check the event log for more detailed information.

I tried to start in directory services mode but i get the same error message. I also tried safe mode, and last known good configuration and get the same thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Rick
Member with 60 posts.

Experience: Advanced
01-Jul-2010, 06:21 AM #2
you may have the sasser virus, its an old one, you will need to patch this server if its not already been done, have you ran autoupdate on this server recently?
Member with 39 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
01-Jul-2010, 01:19 PM #3
Hi AQ. After a dozen calls to the installer of the server he finally showed up and did a diagnostics and patch. I was in way over my head on server stuff and I knew it, so I thought it best to ask the pro's. It seems to be operating fine now, lets keep our fingers crossed. Thanks for the reply, I didnt know the sasser was still around.

Again all my thanks

Rick
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!