Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How do I uninstall babylon toolbar on Chrome

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
27-May-2012, 07:04 PM #1
Red face How do I uninstall babylon toolbar on Chrome
I installed Babylon program and then uninstalled. The Babylon toolbar can not be uninstalled. I have to get rid of the Babylon toolbar. My problem is this toolbar's files are hidden somewhere on my computer - I already looked in Add/Delete programs, and also looked in the Program files folder and did a search on my entire computer for "babylon" to no avail. I can't find it anywhere..

Any idea what I can do?? Tips, any help will be greatly appreciated!!! I am also having the same problem with uninstalling utorrent toolbar. I want the utorrent program, just the toolbar removed and it is not in the add/delete or program files or via a search. Please help!

Thank you.
TheShooter93   (Cody) TheShooter93 is offline TheShooter93 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 9,494 posts.

Experience: Advanced
27-May-2012, 07:05 PM #2
Download and install the Revo Uninstaller (Freeware) from here.

Run Revo Uninstaller and select the program to remove (one at a time), and click the Uninstall icon.

Now, select: Advanced

Click Next, and follow the prompts.

Click Select All, and Delete to remove all Registry items, folders and files listed by Revo.

If asked to restart the computer, then, do so.
Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-May-2012, 03:25 PM #3
Babylon
I too am looking for a way to remove/delete this piece of Malicious software. Babylon should be included in all virus protection. Why it isn't is a mystery.

I have searched the net for various ways to get rid of this curse, but it still pops up. The advice from TheShooter93 dated July 2008 does NOT work!!! Babylon keeps coming back with every boot-up.

Does anyone know how to get rid of Babylon???

Please help!
TheShooter93   (Cody) TheShooter93 is offline TheShooter93 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 9,494 posts.

29-May-2012, 03:48 PM #4
Quote:
The advice from TheShooter93 dated July 2008 does NOT work!!!
That advice was actually posted 2 days ago.

I joined this site in 2008.

------------------------------------------------

I've done some research, and it does not seem that this is malicious, simply an annoying add-on.

I can't analyze any logs as only Trusted Advisors or Malware Removal Experts are allowed to analyze HijackThis logs.

You need to start a thread in the Virus & Other Malware Removal section of this site.

Before you post though, you need to read THIS guide.
Member with 2 posts.

04-Jun-2012, 08:50 AM #5
I had the same problem, tried all kinds of things, my windows didn't want to be reset to the settings from any date before, I didn't want to install any other software to get rid of this toolbar, and it was not visible in the add/remove programs, so, what I did, and it might have worked because since then I'm not seeing any sign of this malware, is the following: I went into the config. settings of firefox (there are few-step tutorials online where you can find how to do it) and I just deleted or changed the value to nothing everywhere that I saw babylon, and I removed the toolbar in the basic settings of firefox. So, I did it totally manually, and it seems to do the trick.
Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

04-Jun-2012, 09:17 AM #6
Thanks MC. I've found in my searches for info on Babylon, that there seems to be several ways to try, and not all methods work on all platforms. I think I have finally purged my system, by trying everything. I can't really say which one finally did the trick. Doing internal searches for "babylon" helped, and regedit too, but Babylon is really tenacious, and I won't be sure until several days have past if I am free of it.

Babylon should be considered malware at best and virus protectors should catch it......but?

I wonder why restore didn't work?
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,315 posts.

04-Jun-2012, 02:14 PM #7
Doesn't look like the orignal poster will be coming back, but just in case, the following link describes methods to remove Babylon:

How to Remove Babylon
Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

04-Jun-2012, 04:35 PM #8
Thanks Phantom - that was one of the good sources that I used. It still bugs me that this type of malware is allowed to exist by the virus protection people.
Phantom010 has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 32,315 posts.

04-Jun-2012, 05:52 PM #9
It's not a virus but I agree it's not easy to get rid of.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!