Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Cannot forward images in windows live mail. - Vista

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 54 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
06-Jun-2012, 08:05 PM #1
Cannot forward images in windows live mail. - Vista
This has been discussed before in the Windows 7 forum, but I can't find anything here relating to Vista, and the solutions proposed under 7 don't seem to work for me. Suggestions would be appreciated.

The basic symptoms are that when I receive a nicely laid out email with photos from a friend, into Windows Live Mail, then try to forward it to a friend, I get a message box saying "One or more of the pictures in this message could not be found. When you send this message these pictures will not be included. Are you sure you want to send this message?"

If I click "Yes", the pictures are all blank in the body of the email with a red X in the corner, and the pictures are shown as a "slide show" attachment.

I've tried the solution suggested by davehc - once I eventually found where Vista puts the "Options - Compose" feature, yes this is set to "Convert messages to Photo Email when sending Photos".

I've also checked Davehc's point about "Options - Safety options" , opening the security tab and see if you have not inadvertently ticked the squares in "downloaded images".

I can forward the emails through my isp's webmail, but the editing facilities on that are crude: I almoost always have to edit them, if only to expunge the dozens of email addresses that come freee of charge with every one (some people have never heard of "bcc" )
Computer Specs
Member with 20 posts.

07-Jun-2012, 06:58 PM #2
My mother had the same problems when trying to forward photos of my Niece and Nephew I don't have a solution but what I would suggest is to copy the photos to your hard drive open a gmail account then try adding the photos that way I almost never use my live account anymore with gmail you hardly get any spam. Hope this helps
Computer Specs
Member with 54 posts.

07-Jun-2012, 07:07 PM #3
I really don't want yet another email address, and anyway, I know I could do what I want through the various webmail sites (hotmail, orange webmail, Yahoo, Aim Mail etc) but I prefer to keep all my mail in one place, i.e. on my computer.
But thanks anyway DarDic
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!