Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

I get 60fps with games with highest graphics, but out of games, super super slow

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Jun-2012, 02:38 AM #1
I get 60fps with games with highest graphics, but out of games, super super slow
Inside of games, my computer is awesome. Once the game is over, nothing is fast. Things take forever to open, and, for example, if I go into google chrome and type something into the search bar, sometimes it will take a couple seconds before anything pops up. Could it be a virus? Or maybe something else...

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 2029 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 349999 MB, Free - 229081 MB (65% Free Space);
D: Total - 126937 MB, Free - 123889 MB;
Motherboard: Intel Corporation, DG33SXG2
Antivirus: None

This all started when I got defraggler. I defraggled everything I could find manually, analyzing then slowly started degraggling chunks at a time because I didn't want to wait the day it said it would take to do a full defrag. For some reason, that seemed faster. Before Defraggler, I had to use low graphics in games, and my computer ran fast. Afterwards, they switched. Any help?

I don't have antivirus because I am very careful and don't go on suspicious websites. I've come to realize what "suspicious" websites look like.
Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
16-Jun-2012, 06:30 PM #2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 7
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 2029 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 349999 MB, Free - 229081 MB (65% Free Space);
D: Total - 126937 MB, Free - 123889 MB;
Motherboard: Intel Corporation, DG33SXG2
Antivirus: None
'

OS: Vista is infamous for its constant annoyance to the user. This is somewhat unlikely, but it could be Vista slowing you down. I recommend upgrading to Win7 regardless.

Processor: The processor seems alright, so you're not having troubles there.

RAM: You may want to consider a RAM upgrade, as many applications (including games) do tend to stick around in memory until a restart. I'd have to say the lack of RAM is your issue. It shouldn't take much more, maybe another 1GB-2GB should fix it up.

Graphics: Nice graphics card, by the way. Beats mine ._.

AntiVirus: Well, the fact that you're careful on the Internet does NOT protect you from viruses. Not at all. I strongly recommend installing Avast! Also, I recommend installing MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and give your computer a nice scan with both of them.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
computer, defraggler, fast, slow, speed

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!