Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Please Help Vista32 Music skips and cant update to spack 2

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Beginner
19-Jun-2012, 03:26 PM #1
Please Help Vista32 Music skips and cant update to spack 2
Hello Everyone-
My question is about my laptop that I use with a wireless router. The laptop has Vista 32 and service pack 1--I am currently still trying to get service pack 2 to download but that is a work in progress.
The problem is any music that i download, play or anything will skip while using WMP, Itunes and any other music playing device. It doesnt constantly skip but it does about every 30 seconds of a song--which drives me crazy!!! The kicker is if i put the music on a flshdrive and play it upstairs on my computer which has XP, there is no skippin at all. So it's not the music. I have updated all drives (Which said there are no more Updates)--very close to throwing the computer out a window!!! Of course, out of date for help from dell for a couple of years and this started about 6 months agao. any help is always appreciated--Thanks, Chris
I went home and tried again to put service pack 2 on the computer--It keeps failing. I am thinking that the new service pack may fix my music problem. Anyway here is my log--am I running too many programs that would cause the music problem and / or not let me update?
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:06:47 PM, on 8/14/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18226)
Boot mode: Normal
Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\apache\bin\httpd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\scheduler\STService.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\DSUpdate\DSUpd.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell DataSafe Online\DataSafeOnline.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD DX\PDVDDXSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\ApMsgFwd.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\HidFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe
O23 - Service: Remote Access DB (dsl-db) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\MySQL\bin\mysqld.exe
O23 - Service: Remote Access File Sync Service (dsl-fs-sync) - SingleClick Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\Remote Access File Sync Service\dsl_fs_sync.exe
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Dell Games\Dell Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
O23 - Service: GoToAssist - Citrix Online, a division of Citrix Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\g2aservice.exe
O23 - Service: Advanced Networking Service (hnmsvc) - Dell Inc. - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\Advanced Networking Service\hnm_svc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\McProxy\McProxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Anti-Spam Service (MSK80Service) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
O23 - Service: SoftThinks Agent Service (SftService) - SoftThinks - C:\Program Files\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\sftservice.EXE
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (DellSupportCenter) (sprtsvc_DellSupportCenter) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Audio Service (STacSV) - IDT, Inc. - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_f6ef8056\STacSV.ex e
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: Marvell Yukon Service (yksvc) - Unknown owner - RUNDLL32.EXE (file missing)
--
End of file - 4153 bytes
Thanks Again in advance--Chris
captainron276   (Ron) captainron276 is offline captainron276 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,699 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
19-Jun-2012, 04:23 PM #2
Try the manual install of SP2 and see if that works for you.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ice-Pack-2-SP2
Pentium1996   (Jacob) Pentium1996 is offline Pentium1996 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 17 posts.

19-Jun-2012, 04:59 PM #3
Seems like a factory install, If you've never re-installed vista then....DO IT! That's the only easy, but time consuming way
to fix the service pack problem. Now if you don't want to use discs for Windows then when you start up the computer and hit CTRL+F11 to access the Dell Restore Partition. I had the same problem with WMP in Windows 7 on a Dell Inspiron 1501 but I fixed it with a RAM upgrade. 1GB to 2GBs
Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

19-Jun-2012, 06:15 PM #4
CaptainRon-It went through the process--I ran it, it asked me to agree, It started and half way through it said could not download. I really want the music fixed and two days ago I tried to put XP on my machine but it wouldn't let me boot from the disk--I would hit F12 and then it would go right back to f2 or just restart. Dell told me to hold the enter for 30 seconds and it would do the trick==Wrong it just rebooted. I hate Vista--I should have bought it with xp on it--when I start up it says something is wrong with my computer rundle32 missing--you can see it in the Hi-jack--willing to try anything-everything is backed up--Thanks-Chris

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 6:14:58 PM, on 6/19/2012
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.19088)
Running processes:
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Samsung\Kies\KiesTrayAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\ubd.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Corporation\Image Transfer\SonyTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Southwest Airlines\Ding\Ding.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\distnoted.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\E-Zsoft\iPodVideoConverter\iPodVideoConverter.exe
C:\Program Files\real\realplayer\update\realsched.exe
C:\Program Files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_11_2_202_235_ActiveX.exe
F:\HijackThis-NEW.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = Preserve
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ww2.cox.com/residential/rhodeisland/home.cox
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://g.msn.com/USCON/1
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {1392b8d2-5c05-419f-a8f6-b9f15a596612} - (no file)
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Complitly - {0FB6A909-6086-458F-BD92-1F8EE10042A0} - C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Roaming\Complitly\Complitly.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\ProgramData\Real\RealPlayer\BrowserRecordPlugin\IE\rpbrowserrecordplugin .dll
O2 - BHO: AVG Do Not Track - {31332EEF-CB9F-458F-AFEB-D30E9A66B6BA} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgdtiex.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Searchqu Toolbar - {99079a25-328f-4bd4-be04-00955acaa0a7} - C:\PROGRA~1\WI371A~1\Datamngr\ToolBar\searchqudtx.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {E15A8DC0-8516-42A1-81EA-DC94EC1ACF10} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Windows Live Toolbar - {21FA44EF-376D-4D53-9B0F-8A89D3229068} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Xmlbar Toolbar - {6B896ADB-4A82-46e2-858C-13134782CE34} - C:\Program Files\Xmlbar\Video Converter\IEBar\xbietb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Searchqu Toolbar - {99079a25-328f-4bd4-be04-00955acaa0a7} - C:\PROGRA~1\WI371A~1\Datamngr\ToolBar\searchqudtx.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\Windows\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\QuickSet.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell DataSafe Online] "C:\Program Files\Dell DataSafe Online\DataSafeOnline.exe" /m
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PDVDDXSrv] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD DX\PDVDDXSrv.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iPodVideoConverter_upgrade] "C:\Program Files\E-Zsoft\iPodVideoConverter\iPodVideoConverter.exe" /upgrade
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dellsupportcenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P dellsupportcenter
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Windows\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_TRAY] "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgtray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APSDaemon] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Freecorder FLV Service] "C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FLVSrvc.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "c:\program files\real\realplayer\Update\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Launcher] C:\Program Files\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\scheduler\Launcher.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [-857592368] rundll32.exe "C:\Users\CHRIST~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsq4A98.tmp\xjjtcc7.i8n",DllRegisterS erver
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [KiesTrayAgent] C:\Program Files\Samsung\Kies\KiesTrayAgent.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MobileDocuments] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\ubd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: Dell Dock First Run.lnk = C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Startup: Dell Dock.lnk = C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe
O4 - Startup: DING!.lnk = C:\Program Files\Southwest Airlines\Ding\Ding.exe
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O4 - Startup: Picture Motion Browser Media Check Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Dell Remote Access.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Image Transfer.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Xmlbar Search - http://www.xmlbar.com/iebar/iemenu.p...nglish&ver=1.0
O8 - Extra context menu item: Save video on Savevid.com - C:\Program Files\SavevidPlug-in\redirect.htm
O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Run Video Downloader - {612F6E5C-B314-4bab-93D1-D266AAFBE700} - C:\Program Files\Xmlbar\FLV Downloader\FLVDownloader(xmlbar).exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Video Downloader - {612F6E5C-B314-4bab-93D1-D266AAFBE700} - C:\Program Files\Xmlbar\FLV Downloader\FLVDownloader(xmlbar).exe
O9 - Extra button: AVG Do Not Track - {68BCFFE1-A2DA-4B40-9068-87ECBFC19D16} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgdtiex.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Video Converter - {C7883BD1-C06B-4f9e-BA96-0D8C5DE373D9} - C:\Program Files\Xmlbar\Video Converter\VideoConverter(xmlbar).exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Video Converter - {C7883BD1-C06B-4f9e-BA96-0D8C5DE373D9} - C:\Program Files\Xmlbar\Video Converter\VideoConverter(xmlbar).exe
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs:
O20 - Winlogon Notify: GoToAssist - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\G2AWinLogon.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\Windows\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe Flash Player Update Service (AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
O23 - Service: Andrea ST Filters Service (AESTFilters) - Andrea Electronics Corporation - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_f6ef8056\aestsrv.e xe
O23 - Service: Remote Access Media Server (Apache2.2) - Apache Software Foundation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\apache\bin\httpd.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: AVGIDSAgent - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\AVGIDSAgent.exe
O23 - Service: AVG WatchDog (avgwd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Device Error Recovery Service (dgdersvc) - Devguru Co., Ltd. - C:\Windows\system32\dgdersvc.exe
O23 - Service: Dock Login Service (DockLoginService) - Stardock Corporation - C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DockLogin.exe
O23 - Service: Remote Access DB (dsl-db) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\MySQL\bin\mysqld.exe
O23 - Service: Remote Access File Sync Service (dsl-fs-sync) - SingleClick Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\Remote Access File Sync Service\dsl_fs_sync.exe
O23 - Service: FsUsbExService - Teruten - C:\Windows\system32\FsUsbExService.Exe
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Dell Games\Dell Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
O23 - Service: GoToAssist - Citrix Online, a division of Citrix Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\g2aservice.exe
O23 - Service: Advanced Networking Service (hnmsvc) - Dell Inc. - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\Advanced Networking Service\hnm_svc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Rio MSC Manager (RioMSC) - Digital Networks North America, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\RioMSC.exe
O23 - Service: SoftThinks Agent Service (SftService) - SoftThinks - C:\Program Files\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\sftservice.EXE
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (DellSupportCenter) (sprtsvc_DellSupportCenter) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Audio Service (STacSV) - IDT, Inc. - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_f6ef8056\STacSV.ex e
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: Marvell Yukon Service (yksvc) - Unknown owner - RUNDLL32.EXE (file missing)
--
End of file - 13837 bytes
captainron276   (Ron) captainron276 is offline captainron276 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,699 posts.

19-Jun-2012, 09:07 PM #5
Hopefully one of the Tech's who can read and comment on your Trend Micro Hijack log will get here soon to help you out.
Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

19-Jun-2012, 09:39 PM #6
Thank You
Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 03:59 PM #7
Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 6:14:58 PM, on 6/19/2012
MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.19088)
Running processes:
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Samsung\Kies\KiesTrayAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\ubd.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony Corporation\Image Transfer\SonyTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Southwest Airlines\Ding\Ding.exe
C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmpnscfg.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\distnoted.exe
C:\Windows\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\E-Zsoft\iPodVideoConverter\iPodVideoConverter.exe
C:\Program Files\real\realplayer\update\realsched.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashUtil32_11_2_202_235_ActiveX.exe
F:\HijackThis-NEW.exe
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = Preserve
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://ww2.cox.com/residential/rhodeisland/home.cox
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://g.msn.com/USCON/1
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {1392b8d2-5c05-419f-a8f6-b9f15a596612} - (no file)
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {02478D38-C3F9-4efb-9B51-7695ECA05670} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Complitly - {0FB6A909-6086-458F-BD92-1F8EE10042A0} - C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Roaming\Complitly\Complitly.dll
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - {3049C3E9-B461-4BC5-8870-4C09146192CA} - C:\ProgramData\Real\RealPlayer\BrowserRecordPlugin\IE\rpbrowserrecordplugin .dll
O2 - BHO: AVG Do Not Track - {31332EEF-CB9F-458F-AFEB-D30E9A66B6BA} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgdtiex.dll
O2 - BHO: WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgssie.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {5C255C8A-E604-49b4-9D64-90988571CECB} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Searchqu Toolbar - {99079a25-328f-4bd4-be04-00955acaa0a7} - C:\PROGRA~1\WI371A~1\Datamngr\ToolBar\searchqudtx.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live Toolbar Helper - {E15A8DC0-8516-42A1-81EA-DC94EC1ACF10} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Windows Live Toolbar - {21FA44EF-376D-4D53-9B0F-8A89D3229068} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Toolbar\wltcore.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Xmlbar Toolbar - {6B896ADB-4A82-46e2-858C-13134782CE34} - C:\Program Files\Xmlbar\Video Converter\IEBar\xbietb.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Searchqu Toolbar - {99079a25-328f-4bd4-be04-00955acaa0a7} - C:\PROGRA~1\WI371A~1\Datamngr\ToolBar\searchqudtx.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Windows Defender] %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe -hide
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SysTrayApp] %ProgramFiles%\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\Windows\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\Windows\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Persistence] C:\Windows\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\Windows\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\QuickSet.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IAAnotif] C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\iaanotif.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell DataSafe Online] "C:\Program Files\Dell DataSafe Online\DataSafeOnline.exe" /m
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PDVDDXSrv] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD DX\PDVDDXSrv.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdateManager] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Sonic\Update Manager\sgtray.exe" /r
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iPodVideoConverter_upgrade] "C:\Program Files\E-Zsoft\iPodVideoConverter\iPodVideoConverter.exe" /upgrade
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [dellsupportcenter] "C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe" /P dellsupportcenter
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\Windows\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AppleSyncNotifier] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleSyncNotifier.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG_TRAY] "C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgtray.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [APSDaemon] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support\APSDaemon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Freecorder FLV Service] "C:\Program Files\Freecorder\FLVSrvc.exe" /run
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe Reader Speed Launcher] "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Reader 9.0\Reader\Reader_sl.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTTask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "c:\program files\real\realplayer\Update\realsched.exe" -osboot
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\RunOnce: [Launcher] C:\Program Files\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\scheduler\Launcher.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Sidebar] C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe /autoRun
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [-857592368] rundll32.exe "C:\Users\CHRIST~1\AppData\Local\Temp\nsq4A98.tmp\xjjtcc7.i8n",DllRegis terS erver
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [msnmsgr] "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [KiesTrayAgent] C:\Program Files\Samsung\Kies\KiesTrayAgent.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MobileDocuments] C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Internet Services\ubd.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Google Update] "C:\Users\Christopher\AppData\Local\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe" /c
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WMPNSCFG] C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
O4 - .DEFAULT User Startup: Dell Dock First Run.lnk = C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe (User 'Default user')
O4 - Startup: Adobe Gamma.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Startup: Dell Dock.lnk = C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe
O4 - Startup: DING!.lnk = C:\Program Files\Southwest Airlines\Ding\Ding.exe
O4 - Startup: OneNote 2007 Screen Clipper and Launcher.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\ONENOTEM.EXE
O4 - Startup: Picture Motion Browser Media Check Tool.lnk = C:\Program Files\Sony\Sony Picture Utility\VolumeWatcher\SPUVolumeWatcher.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Adobe Gamma Loader.exe.lnk = C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Calibration\Adobe Gamma Loader.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Dell Remote Access.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Image Transfer.lnk = ?
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Xmlbar Search - http://www.xmlbar.com/iebar/iemenu.p...nglish&ver=1.0
O8 - Extra context menu item: Save video on Savevid.com - C:\Program Files\SavevidPlug-in\redirect.htm
O9 - Extra button: Blog This - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &Blog This in Windows Live Writer - {219C3416-8CB2-491a-A3C7-D9FCDDC9D600} - C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Writer\WriterBrowserExtension.dll
O9 - Extra button: Send to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: S&end to OneNote - {2670000A-7350-4f3c-8081-5663EE0C6C49} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\ONBttnIE.dll
O9 - Extra button: Run Video Downloader - {612F6E5C-B314-4bab-93D1-D266AAFBE700} - C:\Program Files\Xmlbar\FLV Downloader\FLVDownloader(xmlbar).exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Video Downloader - {612F6E5C-B314-4bab-93D1-D266AAFBE700} - C:\Program Files\Xmlbar\FLV Downloader\FLVDownloader(xmlbar).exe
O9 - Extra button: AVG Do Not Track - {68BCFFE1-A2DA-4B40-9068-87ECBFC19D16} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgdtiex.dll
O9 - Extra button: Research - {92780B25-18CC-41C8-B9BE-3C9C571A8263} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Office12\REFIEBAR.DLL
O9 - Extra button: Video Converter - {C7883BD1-C06B-4f9e-BA96-0D8C5DE373D9} - C:\Program Files\Xmlbar\Video Converter\VideoConverter(xmlbar).exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Video Converter - {C7883BD1-C06B-4f9e-BA96-0D8C5DE373D9} - C:\Program Files\Xmlbar\Video Converter\VideoConverter(xmlbar).exe
O18 - Protocol: linkscanner - {F274614C-63F8-47D5-A4D1-FBDDE494F8D1} - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgpp.dll
O20 - AppInit_DLLs:
O20 - Winlogon Notify: GoToAssist - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\G2AWinLogon.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\Windows\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe Flash Player Update Service (AdobeFlashPlayerUpdateSvc) - Adobe Systems Incorporated - C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\FlashPlayerUpdateService.exe
O23 - Service: Andrea ST Filters Service (AESTFilters) - Andrea Electronics Corporation - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_f6ef8056\aestsrv.e xe
O23 - Service: Remote Access Media Server (Apache2.2) - Apache Software Foundation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\apache\bin\httpd.exe
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: AVGIDSAgent - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\AVGIDSAgent.exe
O23 - Service: AVG WatchDog (avgwd) - AVG Technologies CZ, s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG2012\avgwdsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Bonjour Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\Bonjour\mDNSResponder.exe
O23 - Service: Device Error Recovery Service (dgdersvc) - Devguru Co., Ltd. - C:\Windows\system32\dgdersvc.exe
O23 - Service: Dock Login Service (DockLoginService) - Stardock Corporation - C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DockLogin.exe
O23 - Service: FsUsbExService - Teruten - C:\Windows\system32\FsUsbExService.Exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: Rio MSC Manager (RioMSC) - Digital Networks North America, Inc. - C:\Windows\system32\RioMSC.exe
--
End of file - 13837 bytes

HELP Please!!!
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is online now flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 58,551 posts.

Experience: Advanced
21-Jun-2012, 05:47 PM #8
Besides Windows Vista being outdated and there being a severely-bloated startup load in that computer, it's also infested with malware, spyware, etc..

Doing a clean reinstall of Windows Vista and getting it up-to-date and getting a fresh start may be your best option.

If you hate Windows Vista so much, you might consider upgrading it to Windows 7.

---------------------------------------------------------
Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

21-Jun-2012, 10:24 PM #9
Flavallee-

If you think that is what I should do--Total reinstall--could you give me the directions to do it myself. Also if you see malware or spyware that I could just try to delete I would like to try it first. I love XP and have the program--I would rather use that than anything else. All my older programs that are not compatible with Vista would be nice to have. I tried to boot from the dvd and it would not let me--I have backed everything up so whatever happens I wont lose anything. But like to start small this is a secondary computer so I wouldn't mind just clearing it up. Thanks and I look forward to your help--Chris
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is online now flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs

22-Jun-2012, 09:09 AM #10
In order to be able to boot from the XP disc so you can format the hard drive and do a clean install of XP in that Dell Inspiron 1545, you need to set the CD/DVD drive first in the boot order in the BIOS and you need to have a full version bootable XP disc.

After you insert the XP disc in the drive and then restart the computer, a Press any key to boot from CD command should appear.

It's then a pretty straight-forward process from there by following the directions in each screen that appears.

Here is a good pictorial and instructional guide that you can become familiar with before you start.

I've already checked the driver downloads site for the Dell Inspiron 1545, and there appears to be XP drivers for all of its devices.

Downgrading and doing a clean install of Windows is not a job for a beginner or novice user, so you really should get a computer-knowledgeable person to help you.

-----------------------------------------------------------

What discs do you still have that came with that laptop?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

22-Jun-2012, 11:56 AM #11
Flavallee-

I am a pack-rat--I still have all the laptop diskes in a seperate folder ready to go if I need them. None are even opened--as I said this is a secondary computer that we have that I allow the children to play with. I love doing things with ADOBE creative suite but it wont load onto the laptop or other programs--that why I was thinking about downsizing because all work with XP. The original reason and question is how do I fix my music player (all) from skipping and what to do with O23 - Service: Marvell Yukon Service (yksvc) - Unknown owner - RUNDLL32.EXE (file missing)
--
If I could get the music straightened out I wouldn't touch a thing. I checked in device manager for the sound card and everthing is already disabled--That seemed to be the answer for everyone online. My itunes even gets the same skips--But all music plays fine upstairs on the 12 year old computer that had windows Millenium and i bought the XP upgrade --maybe a little slower but all programs , downloads and music works fine.

Thanks again, Chris
Computer Specs

22-Jun-2012, 04:25 PM #12
I don't download music and use Apple iTunes and any other music players, so I've got no experience with issues with them.

Marvell Yukon is associated with ethernet/wireless devices. If you're having an issue there, reinstalling or updating the driver may help.

--------------------------------------------------------
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!