Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

DVD/CD signal trouble

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
05-Jul-2012, 04:03 PM #1
DVD/CD signal trouble
My computer a dv6629us model HP Notebook with Vista Home Premium 32bit will not read any disc that is put in it, including ones recorded on it that worked before. Windows Media Player will put the text up but a message pops up saying it can't read the digital signal and if I try to read the disc in the drive I get a message saying the disc may be corrupt because it can;t read it. I've had trouble before with the computer not recognizing the drive itself but not just the signal from the drive. I noticed this when trying to install a program from a disc and thought it might be the disc and tried others and had the same result. Any help solving this problem will be greatly appreciated.
Member with 11,598 posts.

05-Jul-2012, 04:10 PM #2
Could be the Drive has gone faulty ...how old is it?
Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

05-Jul-2012, 04:22 PM #3
Bought the computer in Oct. 2007 but it hasn't been used very much. The last time it worked fine but that was a month or so back. Since then I updated to Windows Service Pack 2 so I could keep getting support & updates and I wouldn't be surprised if that had something to do with it.
Member with 11,598 posts.

05-Jul-2012, 04:26 PM #4
Could try a clean using a cleaning disc. Sometimes doing a fresh install might help. But it is 5 years old. you can always get an external CD/DVD drive.
Computer Specs
Member with 5 posts.

05-Jul-2012, 10:06 PM #5
Driver is the mot current and cleaning didn't change anything.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!