Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

tcpip.sys causing BSOD

(!)

Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Jul-2012, 02:35 PM #1
tcpip.sys causing BSOD
Hello,

I installed synergy, razer nostromo's drivers, and Mirror's Edge today on my HP slimline running windows vista. I then rebooted my computer to finish the Nostromo install. When I booted back in, my computer hit a BSOD within 30 seconds of login. The reason given sited "tcpip.sys" as failing. I would post my minidumps but whenever I log in it BSOD's in seconds.

I proceeded to restore to a restore point from this morning. I logged in and still got the same message.

EDIT: Had a windows x64 recovery disk lying around and I ran startup repair. Boot succeeds and login is fine but explorer never shows up. I get a black screen and a cursor. control-alt-delete works but the task manager never responds and closes with the message "failure - security options" with title: "logon process has failed to create the security options dialog."

EDIT 2: Found some info online that said that the black screen issue may also be related to tcpip.sys. Seems too much to be a coincidence. Running repair disk again.

EDIT 3: Second run of the repair disk turned up nothing. Still blackscreening... IN EDIT EDIT: As I type, the windows start bar appears at the bottom of the screen... problem solved? Update in 15 minutes.

EDIT 4: Finally, the computer booted! I'm attatching my latest dump files, maybe you could help me learn what went wrong? I hope it wasn't incompatibility or something between razer and synergy...

Any help would be amazing!

Dave
Attached Files
File Type: zip New Compressed (zipped) Folder.ZIP (45.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by CodeLion; 10-Jul-2012 at 03:39 PM..
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!