Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Dell Inspiron 1545 will not connect to wireless--Please Help

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 7 posts.

Experience: Beginner
19-Jul-2012, 08:31 AM #1
Dell Inspiron 1545 will not connect to wireless--Please Help
Hello,

My laptop will no longer conect to my wireles which it did 2 days ago--I have not downloaded anything but the wire less says that the signal is strong but it doesnt recognize the wireless. I ran spybot--and it found 21 problems but said that I was not the administrator of my own computer so i could not get rid of viruses and malware (How do I make sure I am the administrator--I know I set it up that way?) Also when i plug directly into cable without wireless it works great and my ipod works with the router so I know it's not broken. any help is appreciated thanks -chris

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 5:06:47 PM, on 8/14/2009
Platform: Windows Vista SP1 (WinNT 6.00.1905)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6001.18226)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\Program Files\Dell\DellDock\DellDock.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\Dwm.exe
C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
C:\Windows\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\apache\bin\httpd.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee.com\Agent\mcagent.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\scheduler\STService.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\Components\DSUpdate\DSUpd.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxtray.exe
C:\Windows\System32\hkcmd.exe
C:\Windows\System32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Windows\System32\WLTRAY.EXE
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAAnotif.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell DataSafe Online\DataSafeOnline.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD DX\PDVDDXSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtcmd.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Sidebar\sidebar.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\ApMsgFwd.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\DellTPad\HidFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\WMPNSCFG.exe
C:\Windows\system32\taskeng.exe
C:\Windows\system32\SearchFilterHost.exe
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

O23 - Service: Remote Access DB (dsl-db) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\MySQL\bin\mysqld.exe
O23 - Service: Remote Access File Sync Service (dsl-fs-sync) - SingleClick Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\Remote Access File Sync Service\dsl_fs_sync.exe
O23 - Service: GameConsoleService - WildTangent, Inc. - C:\Program Files\WildTangent\Dell Games\Dell Game Console\GameConsoleService.exe
O23 - Service: GoToAssist - Citrix Online, a division of Citrix Systems, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Citrix\GoToAssist\514\g2aservice.exe
O23 - Service: Advanced Networking Service (hnmsvc) - Dell Inc. - c:\Program Files\Common Files\Dell\Advanced Networking Service\hnm_svc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel(R) Matrix Storage Event Monitor (IAANTMON) - Intel Corporation - C:\Program Files\Intel\Intel Matrix Storage Manager\IAANTMon.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Proxy Service (McProxy) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\McProxy\McProxy.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Anti-Spam Service (MSK80Service) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MSK\MskSrver.exe
O23 - Service: SoftThinks Agent Service (SftService) - SoftThinks - C:\Program Files\Dell DataSafe Local Backup\sftservice.EXE
O23 - Service: SupportSoft Sprocket Service (DellSupportCenter) (sprtsvc_DellSupportCenter) - SupportSoft, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell Support Center\bin\sprtsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Audio Service (STacSV) - IDT, Inc. - C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\stwrt.inf_f6ef8056\STacSV.ex e
O23 - Service: stllssvr - MicroVision Development, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\SureThing Shared\stllssvr.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\Windows\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
O23 - Service: Marvell Yukon Service (yksvc) - Unknown owner - RUNDLL32.EXE (file missing)

--
End of file - 4153 bytes
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 57,765 posts.

Experience: Advanced
19-Jul-2012, 04:37 PM #2
The entire middle section of your log is missing.

You need to get rid of HiJackThis 2.0.2 and then replace it with HiJackThis 2.0.4 and then submit a new entire log.

Why hasn't Windows Vista SP1 been upgraded to SP2 - which was released over 3 years ago?

---------------------------------------------------------
Account Closed with 1 posts.

30-Jul-2012, 06:30 PM #3
Hi pcmic,

My name is Ranvir and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.
I understand your concern and recommend you to start with the diagnostic test that will help us in finding whether it’s hardware or software issue.

To run a diagnostic test, please perform the following steps:
1. Shut down the computer and start tapping F12 multiple times as soon as you power it on.
2. Choose the option ‘Diagnostics’ and hit enter. The diagnostics will take 8-10 minutes to finish. Please make a note of any error codes that you get. In case there are no error codes, it means that the hardware is fine.

Also, as you mentioned that there are two anti-viruses installed in the system, it creates conflicts with each other and it is highly recommended to uninstall one of them or both to check connectivity Issues.

Please check the connectivity in ‘safe mode with networking’.
How to login to safe mode with networking:
1. Shut down the computer and start tapping F8 multiple times as soon as you power on the computer.
2. Choose the option ‘safe mode with networking’ with the help of arrow keys on keyboard and hit enter.
3. Check for wireless connectivity in this mode.

Please let me know the findings. Glad to help.

Thanks and Regards,
Dell_Ranvir_K

Dell Social Media Responder
https://facebook.com/dell
https://twitter.com/#!/dellcares/
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 57,765 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Jul-2012, 07:53 PM #4
It's been 11 days since pcmic started this thread.

I don't think we're going to get a reply back from him/her.

---------------------------------------------------------
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!