Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Random Freeze Up on Vista

(!)

Member with 23 posts.

19-Jul-2012, 09:32 AM #1
Random Freeze Up on Vista
I am using Windows Vista Home Premium. Encountering freeze ups in all different scenarios. Most common experience is getting on the machine early in the morning to find the keyboard non-functional and the touch pad only capable of moving the cursor around the screen. No tap sensitivity and no click response (either left or right) The clock will have stopped at some point in the middle of the night. This happens when I have programs running and when the system is resting from any manually activated programs. There does not seem to be any real consistency to the onset. I have to do a hard shut down about once every day or so. Am using AVG and have done scans for virus finding no problems. I have done Windows system scans as well with no result.
Member with 21 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Jul-2012, 08:02 AM #2
Please provide this info:
Quote:
MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type "msinfo32 /nfo C:\Users\Public\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then navigate to the C:\Users\Public\Desktop directory to retrieve the TEST.NFO file. If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.
May also need event viewer files. It may be easier for you to post this info: http://www.sysnative.com/forums/show...ws-7-amp-Vista

Last edited by Cookiegal; 25-Jul-2012 at 04:10 PM..
captainron276   (Ron) captainron276 is offline captainron276 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,697 posts.

25-Jul-2012, 11:05 AM #3
Please use the TSG System Info tool to let Tech's know the specs of your computer: http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe Copy and paste the results here in your thread.
Also, if its a brand name system like an Acer,Dell or HP, please post the exact model of the system.
Member with 23 posts.

25-Jul-2012, 02:03 PM #4
Thanks for stepping forward to help
USASMA,

I have not been able to save this file as a .txt. file yet. I will await your instruction.

I have loaded the .nfo file as you requested.

AMCN
Attached Files
File Type: zip AMCNsysteminfo.zip (84.5 KB, 6 views)
Member with 21 posts.

25-Jul-2012, 04:28 PM #5
Don't worry about the .txt file - I can read the .nfo file.

2 suggestions:

- when running Internet Explorer, go to Start and type in "iexplore -extoff" (without the quotes) and press Enter. That'll run Internet Explorer without add-ons. See if that fixes the problems.

- try this free program: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/shexview.html
Disable all non-Microsoft extensions and see if that helps (reboot required). If it does, then re-enable them in groups of 5 or 10 until you find out which one's are at fault.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!