Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Toshiba Satellite keeps crashing upon reformat

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
10-Aug-2012, 11:23 PM #1
Toshiba Satellite keeps crashing upon reformat
Hello all,

I hope you can help. Pretty new at all of this, but I reformatted an old laptop - Toshiba Satellite, a305-s6825, using the windows vista installation CD. There was nothing important in the HD so I thought once I updated the drivers, things would run relatively smoothly. I updated all drivers from the Toshiba website, updated bios, and it still keeps on crashing when I do one of 2 things:

1) boot with the battery
2) surf the web - after a few minutes

I installed add-ons like the adobe flash player, google, but that's really about it. This is really baffling me. these crashes didn't happen before the reformatting.

If someone could provide insight, I would really appreciate it.

best regards,

Jules
captainron276   (Ron) captainron276 is offline captainron276 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,678 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Aug-2012, 11:33 PM #2
Normally it's a good practice to install all Windows updates after you have all drivers up to date.. Do you have all your updates completed including SP1&2?
captainron276   (Ron) captainron276 is offline captainron276 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 3,678 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Aug-2012, 11:40 PM #3
Service Pack 1 & 2 can be downloaded and installed without using the Windows Update feature. It is much quicker this way. Install SP1 first and reboot. After you have finished installing SP2 reboot then use Windows Update to finish updating your system.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ils.aspx?id=30
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl....aspx?id=16468
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
crash, toshiba satellite, vista wireless

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!