Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Not sure what's wrong

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
15-Aug-2012, 04:21 PM #1
Unhappy Not sure what's wrong
Hi guys!! First timer and not sure this is the right place to post, so be gentle if I'm wrong. Two main issues-computer spends most of it's time in "not responding" mode and I can longer watch videos on Facebook (can on Youtube and AOL). A complete novice, as the username geekgirlwannabe implies. Will do my best to answer your questions as you help me to get my computer up and running!! Thank!!
mhd1360 mhd1360 is offline mhd1360 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 416 posts.

17-Aug-2012, 03:12 AM #2
Try to install latest adobe flash player and adobe shock-wave on your system.
Is your system x64 ? is so, first install Flash player x64 and see if the problem persists uninstall it and try 32 bit (x86) .
Ent   (Josiah) Ent is offline Ent is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 5,277 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Aug-2012, 04:09 AM #3
mhd1360, to save time you can find out people's computer specs by clicking on the little computer by their username. If they've used the Sysinfo tool, it gives some very useful information about the machine including in this case that she's using Vista 32 bit. Just for future reference.

geekgirlwannabe, does the machine stop responding only when you try to watch facebook videos, or is it a more generic problem? Is there any single program that tends to stop responding, and have you noticed any time when it tends to happen?
I'd agree that reinstalling Flash would be a good first thing to try.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
not responding, screen black

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!