Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing

(!)

Member with 85 posts.

16-Aug-2012, 01:50 PM #1
Unhappy DVD burning gone wrong now disc showing nothing
I use DVD-R for almost a month only thing on it is pictures and word doc so nothing can go to wrong. I do back ups I would say almost 2 times a week.

I have use this DVD-R for almost a month and every thing is working okay.Now on the 5 sessions some thing gone wrong . When I click start , computer ,DVD drive it shows no files nothing

It like the files got deleted or it cannot see the files. When I right click on the drive and click on properties it shows 337MB used and that is about right .

I don't know what to do it like the files got deleted or it cannot see the files.But the properties it shows 337MB used that about right.

I was using windows vista built in burning software.This all stop working after I copy an paste folder to other folder on the disc .

I than tried Nero 9 the basic burning software and when in Nero burning software I click on analyze disc it shows 5 sessions and 337MB used and that is about right .I than tried to make copy of bad disc .When I click copy disc it copies it and than tells me to put in new disc and copies to it but it is still not showing up when I click on start , computer ,DVD drive .

So it seems it still there but for some reason it cannot see it.
Computer Specs
Member with 5,618 posts.

16-Aug-2012, 08:28 PM #2
Try putting the disc into another computer and see if it can be read.
Member with 85 posts.

17-Aug-2012, 12:59 PM #3
Ya tried putting it in other computer ( windows 7 ) and sill not showing up . I even re-started the computer and still not showing up.

I even put on DeepBurner Pro burning software and in built in explorer when click on computer and the drive it shows nothing. If I click on recorder and than click on drive and medium info, data extraction it shows each sessions all 5 sessions and the file size of each sessions and when I click on the session nothing show up.If I click on root nothing show up.

Not sure what is going on.
Member with 85 posts.

27-Aug-2012, 02:00 PM #4
I even tried MagicISO to copy the ISO from DVD to folder I made on the desktop .In the MagicISO program in built in explorer it shows nothing but when I go to tools and click on make ISO from CD/DVD the source DVD and output file to folder on my desktop I made and tried the option of BIN and UIF when I go to MagicISO and select it in built in explorer my folder on my desktop nothing all I have is BIN and UIF .

it saying when I click on it in MagicISO can't find the file or files is CD image
I even tried DiskInternals CD&DVD Recovery and when I click on it and run the Recovery program all it shows is 67 files and I had way more files than that and it not showing the names or the file type of any of my files or any of folders I made .

When I do test on DVD I know that works and run CD&DVD recovery it shows the proper names and file type and all my filles and it does not do that on my DVD that not working.
So it looks like some thing is there base on this but some how it cannot see it or file table I believe it called gone bad.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!