Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Safe mode and normal start up both stuck on Please Wait ...

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
17-Aug-2012, 08:07 AM #1
Exclamation Safe mode and normal start up both stuck on Please Wait ...
Hi my problems started last night when I tried to open my laptop (Toshiba Satelitte A300 on Windows Vista)*
In normal boot up the screen loads fine up to Please Wait...*
I left it on until this morning which by then the screen had turned black and nothing was clickable.*
I cannot start up in Safe Mode either as the same thing happens.
Occasionally when I try and boot up it tells me the C disk has something wrong with it and is fixing it.
A warning saying this file is corrupt and unreadable left me with a flickering screen which fluctuated between black and the vista background.
I did manage to log in once though my desktop soon froze and I had to shut my laptop down.*
Startup repair cannot detect any problems. I did restore Windows to an earlier date with System Restore but that didn't do anything to help and when I tried to restore the system to an even earlier date the Catastrophic Failure sign comes up.

I really am out of ideas apart from restoring to factory settings.

Someone please help.
Thanks*
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
toshiba, toshiba a300, windows vista

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!