Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Help with installing update

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 34 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Sep-2012, 11:19 AM #1
Solved: Help with installing update
Hi, Recovered my computer three times trying to resolve this issue. When I go to update windows vista, it successfully updates over a 100 updates. When it gets to Windows Vista Service Pack 1, it says it updated successfully, but then it keeps coming up as an important update, several times I tried installing it, but it just keeps coming up again as an important update. Any idea on what is causing this and how it can be resolved. Thank you. Marilyn
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is online now flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 58,546 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Sep-2012, 12:24 PM #2
The HP Pavilion a6334f was introduced in November 2007 and came with Windows Vista Home Premium 32-bit (original version) installed.

Because restoring it to its original factory condition installs the original version of Windows Vista Home Premium, you should download and save the full SP1 and SP2 upgrades and then burn them off to a DVD-R or to 2 CD-R's.

After you restore that computer to its original factory condition, do the following in the order listed:

Install the SP1 upgrade and then restart the computer.

Install the SP2 upgrade and then restart the computer.

Go to Windows Updates and do a scan and then install the post-SP2 important/recommended updates.

Once you get Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 completely up-to-date, you can install your desired/needed programs and extras.

--------------------------------------------------------
Computer Specs
Member with 34 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
17-Sep-2012, 04:47 PM #3
This forum totally rocks...... You solved my issues with the updates..Totally awesome, will definately recommend this forum..... Thanks sooooooooo much... ... Marilyn
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is online now flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 58,546 posts.

Experience: Advanced
17-Sep-2012, 05:20 PM #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mari1961 View Post
This forum totally rocks...... You solved my issues with the updates..Totally awesome, will definately recommend this forum..... Thanks sooooooooo much... ... Marilyn
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!