Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Remove "activation assistant for the 2007 microsoft office suites"

(!)

Computer Specs
Senior Member with 611 posts.

Experience: Advanced
05-Apr-2007, 04:25 PM #1
Solved: Remove "activation assistant for the 2007 microsoft office suites"
My new laptop originally came with a trial for the 2007... I uninstalled that, and have been trying to uninstall the program listed as "activation assistant for the 2007 microsoft office suites" under the Add/Remove Programs option in Vista. However whenever i select the uninstall button I get an error saying "Microsoft Office 2007 must be installed before Microsoft Activation Assistant can be installed."

Anyone had a similar problem with a solution?
Senior Member with 548 posts.

05-Apr-2007, 05:29 PM #2
Can you restore your trial version, then try uninstalling the activation assistant before uninstalling the main package?
Computer Specs

05-Apr-2007, 06:23 PM #3
I had originally tried doing that, because it was first in the uninstall list.... so then I uninstalled the trial, thinking maybe now it would uninstall. But it still didn't.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

06-Apr-2007, 10:38 AM #4
I have the exact same issue on my new HP laptop, I removed the trial, and get the same error when I go to remove this. I'm going to manually remove it when I get around to it.
Computer Specs

06-Apr-2007, 08:26 PM #5
Well... I spent a lot of time trying to set up a dual boot... and mistakenly formatted the Vista partition... JEEZ>.. good thing I had all my data backed up... anyways, when I reinstalled Vista using the HP System Restore Disk, all the trials and junk came back again. This time, I made it the first thing to get rid of and it WORKED!!!... miraculously it uninstalled, so I guess that's that....
Member with 745 posts.

06-Apr-2007, 11:05 PM #6
Maybe the trick is to uninstall it before it's expired. I have the OEM install cds, as a system builder/reseller, I looked at the disks this afternoon after reading this post and there's nothing on them to uninstall.
Computer Specs
Retired Moderator with 106,412 posts.

07-Apr-2007, 08:43 PM #7
Well, I'm not about to reformat my Vista laptop to see if that works, got too much time invested in customizing it.
Junior Member with 1 posts.

30-Aug-2008, 03:16 PM #8
Uninstall Activation for MS Office 2007
Found a cure! I download System Mechanic trial version, activated Incinerator (by accident), then uninstalled Activation for MS Office 2007! I don't really like to have Incinerator on my Desktop, so then I deactivated it!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!