Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Word disappeared from program list in Vista after I made a shortcut icon

(!)

Junior Member with 5 posts.

14-May-2007, 05:32 PM #1
Cool Word disappeared from program list in Vista after I made a shortcut icon
I have Vista on a Dell Inspiron E1505 laptop. I am the administrator. I wanted a shortcut desktop icon for Microsoft Word 2007, so I opened up Start, and then the program list and dragged Word onto the desktop. Now, when any other user opens up his or her desktop, Word is not even on the program list. (I assume that each user has to set up his or her own shortcut icons.)

Word also disappeared from the program list while I'm logged on as the administrator.

Where did it go and how do I get it back? Never had this problem before with the previous version of Windows. You made your shortcut icons, but the program name stayed on the program list. Thank you.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,299 posts.

16-May-2007, 06:40 AM #2
you usually create a shortcut and drag that to the desktop

assuming the vista settings are the same as XP

goto
documents and settings/all users/start menu

you need to put word shortcut back into that area under the correct group ie Microsoft Office xxxx folder
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!