Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Unistall button missing?

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 59 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
24-May-2007, 11:02 PM #1
Unistall button missing?
Guys,
Why is my unistall button is missing on Unistall or change a program?it was there before now its gone i cant unistall a program.Help!!
Thanks
Senior Member with 1,056 posts.

Experience: Advanced
24-May-2007, 11:37 PM #2
Is this what you mean:
Enter the Control Panel (Control Panel Home view) and select "programs"
Select the sub heading "uninstall a program"
Select the program you want to uninstall and the option will pop up.
In classic view, select "Programs and features"
Select the program you want to uninstall.
Select "uninstall/change"

The "Unistall" label will only appear if the program has its own uninstall feature. Otherwise it will work through the Vista uninstall as above.
Computer Specs
Member with 59 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-May-2007, 12:59 AM #3
Sorry but i already try those procedure.right click nothing shows too.is there another way.im using a vista basic.
Computer Specs
Member with 32,636 posts.

25-May-2007, 03:17 AM #4
Is it all uninstall buttons or just one

Hello can you try system restore . I am not familar with vista but if it has it try
start run msconfig

Last edited by Blackmirror; 25-May-2007 at 03:28 AM..
Member with 54 posts.

13-Jun-2007, 08:46 AM #5
hello all. first time poster long time browser
I'm having the same issues in Vista actually (Business edition). I had dozens of misc. programs ranging from media players, to games, to day to day apps. listed in the "Programs and Features" section (Vista's version of Add/Remove). Recently I updated my DIVX codec to the latest one, and also installed Yahoo Messenger the same day (don't ask why). When I went to uninstall all the bloatware that comes with YM I found that my dozens of programs in "Programs and Features" was reduced to about 8 (YM wasn't even included). I tested programs that were now missing and found that they all worked. I then checked out my copy of CCleaner to see if I could see my uninstall programs there... nothing. So then I tried actually uninstalling a program with its individual uninstaller. I chose YM. It works. So I CAN uninstall programs, but I can't seem them in "Programs and Features" or CCleaner. I'm assuming somehow a registery entry was altered, finding a way to fix the registery with Vista is not that easy. Going through the options given when you start a repair on Vista with the disc you get things like "Start-up repair" and I think a rollback feature. Neither of which I want to do. I even tried a sfc /scannow in Vista (didn't know if I could do that in Vista), to see if maybe i was missing a system file that was causing the problem, but that didn't work either. Google searches come up with nothing, and in fact this is pretty much the first time I've seen someone mention the same problem I'm dealing with.
Member with 54 posts.

14-Jun-2007, 08:49 AM #6
bump...
Member with 863 posts.

16-Jun-2007, 12:12 PM #7
I'm having the same problem with Vista Home Premium. It was there a couple of weeks ago but now it is gone. Any body found a solution for this one?
Member with 54 posts.

19-Jun-2007, 06:04 AM #8
bump...
Senior Member with 429 posts.

19-Jun-2007, 06:30 AM #9
Uninstall program is no longer listed next to the program but it is listed at the top of the window on the toolbar.
Member with 54 posts.

19-Jun-2007, 08:56 PM #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhutch
Uninstall program is no longer listed next to the program but it is listed at the top of the window on the toolbar.

no no, i know that. We're referring to the programs themselves. here's a screenshot of what i have going on. As you can see I have far more programs just on my desktop than i have in my Programs and Features, and I'm just now beginning to find other people are having this glitch as well in google searches.

Always remembered in our hearts with 82,163 posts.

Experience: Learning it all here!
20-Jun-2007, 01:43 AM #11
Have you tried going this route:

Start>Computer>Uninstall or change a program>highlight program you want uninstalled>Uninstall/change?

Strange...when I first did that a minute ago...there was an uninstall/change option...when I tried it again the option was gone from the toolbar...hmmm!

20-Jun-2007, 01:46 AM #12
Going through the Control Panel>Programs and features....uninstall works fine on right click for me on all programs...I have Vista Home Basic though!
Senior Member with 429 posts.

20-Jun-2007, 05:35 AM #13
Smile Program lists
It sounds like you have a corrupt entry in the Registry that is preventing display of all the programs.
1. Load up Regedit
2. Browse to HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall
3. Check each entry and delete the ones that are corrupt. In particular, look at the Description field.
Member with 54 posts.

20-Jun-2007, 05:41 AM #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by angelize56
Going through the Control Panel>Programs and features....uninstall works fine on right click for me on all programs...I have Vista Home Basic though!
Again, I'm not having problems finding "Programs and Features" nor am I having problems Uninstalling programs. I'm having problems seeing programs in "Programs and Features". Here's a better screen shot. Of the dozens and dozens of programs I have installed on my computer these are the only programs showing up at the time. This wasn't always so, this only started happening lately. Programs that you don't see in my screenshot include such common programs like World of Warcraft, Mozilla Firefox, CCleaner, Spybot, Last.FM, VLC, Soulseek, etc. I can uninstall those programs with their own packaged uninstallers, but I cannot see them in the "Programs and Features" menu, and that's unusual and what I need addressed.

20-Jun-2007, 05:43 AM #15
Good morning adrift...got it now!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!