Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Boot Up Internet Explorer Blank Page

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Jun-2007, 12:10 PM #1
Boot Up Internet Explorer Blank Page
Every time I boot my HP Media Center PC, I get a blank white screen called "Internet Explorer Blank Page". The page can be cleared by using the task manager and ending the task, but it is aggravating, and happens every time I boot the computer. Any one experience this or have a fix? I have Windows Vista Home Premium Edition.

Thanks
speedo43
leanne1984 leanne1984 is offline leanne1984 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 74 posts.

25-Jun-2007, 01:28 PM #2
Sounds like spyware or adware trying to start up a 'pop-up'. Download Ad-aware SE and run the built in Windows Defender. Also, check msconfig (type in search or run box) and see what programs are starting up under the Startup tab. Try disabling the odd one til you find the one that's causing your problem if any.
Junior Member with 3 posts.

15-Aug-2007, 08:00 PM #3
I am trying to solve this same problem on mother's laptop with Vista. It appears whenever the HP total care program is opened or at some random times when I am not sure what triggered it. It is very aggravating. I have run spybot and adaware 2007 and the problem is still there. I will check the config.
Hope someone knows how to fix this.
Thanks.

04-Sep-2007, 04:24 AM #4
Software in use ?
My brother's computer has the same problem, and I have just begun to have it as well. IN both cases it has happened just after starting use the Magentic sofware (a part of the Incredimail software package). In other forums I've seen people with the same problem and one of them put a list of software in use and both Incredimail and Magentic were there.

Do you use some of these ?

Bye

04-Sep-2007, 08:27 AM #5
vista internet explorer blank page
Yes, the computer has both incredimail and magentic.

04-Sep-2007, 09:35 AM #6
Coincidence ?
I think it is too suspicious... I'll give it a try uninstalling Magentic and check if it solves the problem.

I'll let you know.

Bye
Computer Specs
Member with 22,220 posts.

Experience: Advanced
04-Sep-2007, 11:49 AM #7
magentic is free wallpaper from Incredimail and though it probably has it's issues I doubt it is causing thie.
I would run either Superantispyare or Avg (ewido) online scans as Adaware and Spybot are really old technology. www.superantispyware.com or www.ewido.net both are good!

04-Sep-2007, 01:09 PM #8
Thanks, I'm awaiting your reply!

04-Sep-2007, 04:53 PM #9
Well, these are the facts: I have uninstalled Magentic and the blank page has NOT appeared again after a couple of reboots. Now I will uninstall it from my brother's PC and see what happens there.

My PC is a quite new one from Dell and running Vista, same as my brother's. He was the first in installing and use Incredimail and Magentic. It was not immediately, but a few days after installing them when he found the blank page. My PC with Vista had been running without that issue for a couple of months. Only after installing Magentic (I've not installed Incredimail) the blank page appeared in my PC.

We both are using the Kaspersky Internet Suite 7 (licensed). I wonder if it can be a security issue related with this. On another computer XP-based where Incredimail (no Magentic) is running since a week ago (and where the blank page has not appeared), I can see randomly a notifying icon on the task bar that when clicked starts a web page telling about new enhancements of Incredimail software. Could this be the reason of the blank page when this tries to work on Vista, KIS or any combination of Windows native security software ...?

Bye
Computer Specs
Member with 22,220 posts.

04-Sep-2007, 06:13 PM #10
Wow nice catch and that is a surprise to me!

13-Jan-2008, 05:39 AM #11
Angry Blank Page
I had the same problem. After boothing up a blank page appeared. Magentic of Incredimail courses this problem. By removing this prrgram the problem was solved!

07-Feb-2008, 12:33 PM #12
Blank page
Hi! I have the same problem with the blank page pop up. Could you tell me where I can find the Magentic program, so I can uninstall it? I have looked under Control Panel and I couldn't find something with this name or Incredimail.

Thank you!
Computer Specs
Member with 500 posts.

Experience: Beginner
07-Feb-2008, 02:54 PM #13
If you haven't installed them they won't be there.
Whenever I used to get this it was always an incompatibility issue, although I imagine there are other causes. Have you recently installed any new programmes? It might help if you post your system specs too.
Have a look in problem reports and see if there are any for this. Right click on one and see what it has to say. Sometimes it can give a link you can follow too, to help identify the problem.
Computer Specs

20-Feb-2008, 08:42 AM #14
Running Magentic with Windows Vista Home Basic does indeed cause the "blank page" problem. IncrediMail has informed me they are working on the problem and to keep checking for updates.
Computer Specs

Experience: Computer God
23-Apr-2008, 05:13 AM #15
Wink Solution without unistalling magentic screensaver/background changer
I'm running magentic screensaver/background changer, NOT incredimail, to get rid of the blank page on startup, you can go to options and change automatic update to critical updates, and then in Advanced tab, you deselect tray icon and notify me when new content is ....

This solves the blank page on startup and gives you still the advantage of still using Magentic screensaver and background changer....

Incredimail has no solution at this moment , you have to wait for updates there... and at this moment it takes ages....

greetz

beuzy
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!