Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Navigation to the web page is cancelled - error message

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: fairly savvy, but certainly not an IT guy
07-Jul-2007, 10:50 PM #1
Navigation to the web page is cancelled - error message
I recently bought an HP Pavillion running windows vista. From day 1 of booting up I've been getting an error message that says navigation to the web page has been cancelled. I cannot right click it, as when I do nothing happens. I cannot "x" it out as there is no "x". I can only click the one link in the error message which says "refresh the web page" which brings another error message that says - This program cannot display the web page. THere is no way for me to clear this error box. It is forever there. Any ideas or thoughts are much appreciated.
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
12-Jul-2007, 03:02 PM #2
I am having the exact same problem!!! It's incredibly frustrating that the only way to get rid of this stupid box is to do the old Alt-F4... I think it has something to do with internet explorer. The aggravating thing is that I only use Firefox. ):<
Computer Specs

Experience: fairly savvy, but certainly not an IT guy
22-Jul-2007, 04:16 PM #3
Thanks Lauraloo. The alt F4 did the trick. if you learn anymore about how to eliminate this for good please pass along the good advice! Thanks again!

Experience: Beginner
11-Aug-2007, 04:37 PM #4
AOL only??
I only get the navigation cancelled through AOL, but if I open up IE, I can surf the web with no issue. AOL seems to direct every entry to 205.188.146.146 and then cancel....Inculding its own homepage and AOL help.

Any ideas?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!