Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Hp Total Care Advisor Fix Failures Easy & Fast No Total Recovey Fix Stops

(!)

View Poll Results: Was This helpful to you after reading the final update as of 8/05/2007
yes 3 42.86%
no 4 57.14%
out of date please look for further solution after 8/05/2007 1 14.29%
thanks for resolving the problem HP would not, I will visit this site again for aid and support. 1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Computer Specs
Account Disabled with 123 posts.

Experience: Advanced
16-Jul-2007, 05:16 AM #1
Wink Solved: Hp Total Care Advisor Fix Failures Easy & Fast No Total Recovey Fix Stops

[B]READ THIS FOR A FIX TO HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR WINDOWS VISTA

First: Goto system restore and click on the advance tab and at the bottom of the screen click on create system retore point, Name the point "____"and then you may begin when the point is finished being created.

* STEP ONE: UNINSTALL HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR

* STEP TWO: GOTO http://www.mediafire.com/?ddvjyk5gzne

DOWNLOAD AND SAVE FILE hp_total_care_advisor.rar (11.41MB) TO DESKTOP

* STEP THREE: GOTO http://h30155.www3.hp.com/helpandsupport/

DOWNLOAD FILE AND SAVE TO DESKTOP

THEN RUN FILE sp36082.exe(5.61 MB)

SELECT YES TO OVERWRITE ALL FILES (THIS IS THE LIBRARY FILES NOT THE PROGRAM FILES)

* STEP FOUR: GOTO http://www.filehippo.com

in the searchbar @ filehippo.com [type] winrar

download and save WinRAR 3.70
RARLab - 1.15MB (Shareware) to desktop

* Step Five:go to explore and Program Files folder, and open folder Hewlet-Packard, and delete the subfolder HP ADVISOR

* Step Six: run WinRAR 3.70 RARLab - 1.15MB (Shareware) and extract the rar file hp_total_care_advisor.rar you saved on your desktop

* Step Seven: your HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR should be installed and have created a new subfolder HP Advisor in the HEWLETT-PACKARD Program Files folder,

* Step Eight: Go to the application HP Advisor file in the newly created HP Advisor Subfolder create a shortcut to desktop for the application and then run the application.

Everything should be fine from there on out and it is your option to place the application to run on startup or not in your msconfig settings, I choose not so that I have the additional RAM available to run the system faster and the application as needed instead of on startup.

* Step Nine: After everything is running as it should and all your setting are as you need them and would like them, Then run System restore again and choose the advanced tab and select to Create a new Restore point and Name it After InstalL Setup of "_______" previous named point afterward and again to secure your system integrity as you did in the begining.[/B]
Member with 8,248 posts.

16-Jul-2007, 05:47 AM #2
P2:
Thanks.

With which HP product were you having problems?

RF123
Computer Specs

16-Jul-2007, 06:51 AM #3
desktop and laptop pavilion,,,doesn't matter HP advisor is a Vista based program...that where the confusion lie in who was to fix it...thats how you fix it
Member with 8,248 posts.

16-Jul-2007, 06:52 AM #4
Is HP Total Care Advisor installed with / by an HP program?

RF123
Computer Specs

16-Jul-2007, 07:19 AM #5
The instruction and hyper links are above . This is the resolution HP walk me through and I will help you also,,,now if you want?
Computer Specs

16-Jul-2007, 07:21 AM #6
I must have 25 windows opened letting everyone know,,,,I will be glad to walk you through it when you are ready?
Computer Specs

16-Jul-2007, 10:03 AM #7

READ THIS FOR A FIX TO HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR WINDOWS VISTA

First: Goto system restore and click on the advance tab and at the bottom of the screen click on create system retore point, Name the point "____"and then you may begin when the point is finished being created.

* STEP ONE: UNINSTALL HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR

THEN FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS IN LINK BELOW IN WINDOWS:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...3-1f5d1e43b332

* STEP TWO: GOTO http://www.mediafire.com/?ddvjyk5gzne

DOWNLOAD AND SAVE FILE hp_total_care_advisor.rar (11.41MB) TO DESKTOP

* STEP THREE: GOTO http://h30155.www3.hp.com/helpandsupport/

DOWNLOAD FILE AND SAVE TO DESKTOP

THEN RUN FILE sp36082.exe(5.61 MB)

SELECT YES TO OVERWRITE ALL FILES (THIS IS THE LIBRARY FILES NOT THE PROGRAM FILES)

* STEP FOUR: GOTO http://www.filehippo.com

in the searchbar @ filehippo.com [type] winrar

download and save WinRAR 3.70
RARLab - 1.15MB (Shareware) to desktop

* Step Five:go to explore and Program Files folder, and open folder Hewlet-Packard, and delete the subfolder HP ADVISOR

* Step Six: run WinRAR 3.70 RARLab - 1.15MB (Shareware) and extract the rar file hp_total_care_advisor.rar you saved on your desktop

* Step Seven: your HP TOTAL CARE ADVISOR should be installed and have created a new subfolder HP Advisor in the HEWLETT-PACKARD Program Files folder,

* Step Eight: Go to the application HP Advisor file in the newly created HP Advisor Subfolder create a shortcut to desktop for the application and then run the application.

Everything should be fine from there on out and it is your option to place the application to run on startup or not in your msconfig settings, I choose not so that I have the additional RAM available to run the system faster and the application as needed instead of on startup.

* Step Nine: After everything is running as it should and all your setting are as you need them and would like them, Then run System restore again and choose the advanced tab and select to Create a new Restore point and Name it After InstalL Setup of "_______" previous named point afterward and again to secure your system integrity as you did in the begining.
Member with 8,248 posts.

16-Jul-2007, 04:55 PM #8
P72:
Thanks for the offer. Fortunately, I don't have a problem at the moment. Byut I often encounter HP products, so I took an interest in this thread.

Thanks for posting your tip.

RF123
Junior Member with 1 posts.

29-Jul-2007, 05:28 AM #9
i need it
please i want this program the link is not working
Member with 2,060 posts.

29-Jul-2007, 10:52 AM #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by prose072
desktop and laptop pavilion,,,doesn't matter HP advisor is a Vista based program...that where the confusion lie in who was to fix it...thats how you fix it
Does matter what HP product you have. Model numbers ending with 'w' are Walmart packages. I' ve had more than my share of headaches with the one we have. Will never get one there again. HP is getting a bad rep with the pieces of crap they put together for WalMart
Computer Specs

29-Jul-2007, 10:54 AM #11
HP TotalCare Advisor Fix and Failures Solutions
The HP Tech Support people had the file removed from the web site being that it was a program sharing site and anyone could get it and you have to have the program ownership to fix it, however I do have the hp_total_care_advisor.rar 11.41MB saved on my desktop when HP downloaded it to my computer when they fixed mine. The HP Corporate did not want the program to be placed on a sharing site by the HP Techs so HP had it removed. I think I screwed that up because I called HP corporate and complained about not having the program inn their update list but the HP Tech guys was fixing your computer through file sharing en they posted the fix in April on mediafire, therefore HP removed the link.

I do have the file if you know a safe file sharing or tranfer site/method that is secure from viruses and other things that could corrupt the file like the mediafire web site oes. In otherwords mediafire scans and secures the file to be safe and once the file is on the link it can be safely shared. Their is a new site called www.box.net and I could upload the file there but it would be temporary for a 14 day trial period because the file is so large that is the only option that I could help you with, however that would not help other in return and would be for 14 days only.

The only way I believe it could be reloaded to mediafire if it was renamed or placed in a folder and the file was in a sub-folder without the system recognizing the same file that it had removed. But mediafire is the safes and most secure site that I know of for such a file size and security purposes except the new box site and its not free (well for 14 days it is).

So the only alternative is to do a file transfer via msn messenger with my permission from my computer and your permission of excepting it of uploading it to a new file sharing site where the file will not get corrupted. The remaining instructions still apply in order to finalizing the fix and installing the program correctly. The only HP link provided is only for the library update that goes with the application when its working correctly. If you want to try and upload the file to a site that is secure or transfer the file safely, you may reply and we'll figure it out safely.

P.S.....if you look through search you will find in this forumn that HP also gave another user the same site before a couple of months ago. The File is the only fix available without a complete recovery with your original recovery disk that only allows the application to fail again.
Computer Specs

29-Jul-2007, 10:59 AM #12
My unit is from Walmart and I immediately upgraded it with hardware and it works fine. Its all in your settings and if you have vista it is sensitive....since I still have a copy saved I can still get the file to anyone who knows a safe and secure way of getting it transferred to help other.

Last edited by prose072; 29-Jul-2007 at 11:29 AM..
Computer Specs

29-Jul-2007, 11:05 AM #13
Also...Gold Dust If you have a unit still under warranty...instead of the backup disk for windows you either made or didnt make like me...I would call and have them send you the original system disk for free while its under warranty. They dont provide them anymore you you buy a unit but upon request they will send them to you. If it is out of warranty they will charge you about 15-25 dollars depending on the shipping method. That way you have a authentic version of a clean recovery disk set instead of the back-up you may have made. Still you need to back-up your files and programs, but it is good to have the real disk if you ever need them.

Last edited by prose072; 29-Jul-2007 at 11:15 AM..
Member with 2,060 posts.

31-Jul-2007, 10:52 AM #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by prose072
Also...Gold Dust If you have a unit still under warranty...instead of the backup disk for windows you either made or didnt make like me...I would call and have them send you the original system disk for free while its under warranty. They dont provide them anymore you you buy a unit but upon request they will send them to you. If it is out of warranty they will charge you about 15-25 dollars depending on the shipping method. That way you have a authentic version of a clean recovery disk set instead of the back-up you may have made. Still you need to back-up your files and programs, but it is good to have the real disk if you ever need them.
While my HP Pavilion was under the warranty they replaced the hard drive twice and the motherboard once and charged me $18 for the recovery discs. Well the second hard drive was only replaced after I reported them to Consumer Affairs here in Florida because they were trying to get out of replacing the hard drive a second time. They refunded me the $18 dollars as well since I made that part of my complaint. The computer doesn't get the heavy use it used to now since hubby uses it and I have an E-machine now - which works great.
Junior Member with 5 posts.

04-Aug-2007, 11:30 AM #15
File Download??
Where can I download the file since the original link no longer works? Prose, would you be kind enough to post the file again....maybe use another site like yousendit.com (you would have to register though) The free service allows 100mb of file uploads.
Or per your suggestion we could use MSN msngr for the file transfer. I just bought an HP DV2500t laptop and proceeded to clean install vista, but in the process lost the total care advisor program which I really liked.
Let me know if anyone could help in getting this program back. BTW, HP tech support will only advise you to do a system reload inorder to get back this program.

Thanks in advance. John.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!