Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

I need to make the Recovery partition bigger

(!)

Computer Specs
Senior Member with 164 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
20-Aug-2007, 05:20 PM #1
I need to make the Recovery partition bigger
Recently my Recovery partition turned red showing it was almost full. Well I have tried using disc management to extend it but it won't let me. even when i have unallocated space. the option is gray scaled. well i tried to open up the partition and do it a way an HP tech guy told me to but when i try to i get the screen that "this is a recovery manager and editing could cause you computer not to restore" then it doesn't let me do anything more. Any help would be appreciated.
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 10,590 posts.

Experience: Beginner
20-Aug-2007, 10:38 PM #2
Why are you saving data to the system recover drive?

Move your data to the C drive and leave the D drive alone.
Member with 3,477 posts.

21-Aug-2007, 02:42 AM #3
By default, those partitons start at about 85% full. How/why did you add something to that partition?
Computer Specs

21-Aug-2007, 03:38 PM #4
i didn't add anything to that drive. i know to leave it alone. my computer messed up and created a bunch of restore junk to add to it after i did backup and all that. i talked to the tech guy and i got that problem fixed. so yeah that wasn't my fault. but now i can't delete or extend or anything to that drive and i need to so to get rid of all the messages and stuff bout it almost being full.
Member with 3,477 posts.

21-Aug-2007, 10:53 PM #5
From what I know about those partitions, you can neither create or dlete files from them but I guess you found a way to. I would try getting to a command prompt and see what lies outside that image (check the dates on the files) to cpmare against the original and delete the newer ones.
Computer Specs

22-Aug-2007, 01:37 PM #6
i used a 3rd party partition editior so i was able to add 3 GB to it. its fixed now and still works perfectly.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!