Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Vista won't let me delete some programs

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
22-Sep-2007, 12:29 PM #1
Vista won't let me delete some programs
Some programs that I installed when I first got Vista, such as AVG anti-virus will not delete from my computer. Some of the programs simply to not give me the option to delete them when I click on them in the uninstall program window or they simply do not appear on the list of my installed programs. How can I delete these?
Computer Specs
Member with 22,220 posts.

Experience: Advanced
22-Sep-2007, 02:31 PM #2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovinit
Some programs that I installed when I first got Vista, such as AVG anti-virus will not delete from my computer. Some of the programs simply to not give me the option to delete them when I click on them in the uninstall program window or they simply do not appear on the list of my installed programs. How can I delete these?
Sometimes if the install is corrupted, you need to reinstall to uninstall. Also check Start, programs the program and see if the uninstall is in the program menu.
fred2028 fred2028 is offline fred2028 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 495 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
22-Sep-2007, 08:38 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovinit
Just out of curiosity, how did you get AVG with Vista?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!