I gave it a shot and created a new user through control panel in safe mode. The new user account works perfectly. My question is:
Is there a way to merge the user accounts? I'll have a lot of work if I have to move all the files and folders from one account to the other manually, plus configuring browser bookmarks, desktop icons, system tray and stuff like that...
There is NO merge, you will need to copy or move the different files over.
As you are going to find out that a lot of the OLD "System" folders will not work in the new account, BUT, the files will and can be copied.
1. Control Panel\System.
2. Click on Advanced System Settings.
3. Click Settings button under the User Profiles section.
4. Click the profile you want to copy.
5. Click Copy to and type in or browse for the profile you want to overwrite.
6. Click the Permitted to use button and add all user accounts that you want to give
full control of the profile to.
7. Click Ok.
That should be it. You may want to try this on a test profile before you
do it on anything you are actually using. It will completely overwrite the
target profile so make sure you don't have anything important stored there.
Last edited by Mumbodog; 14-Jan-2008 at 01:12 AM..
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem?
We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.