Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

how can i add another program in the autoplay popup list?

(!)

Member with 65 posts.

25-Jan-2008, 01:20 AM #1
how can i add another program in the autoplay popup list?
I am using Vista Business now. Windows Media Player is only a problem for me to choose when I insert a DVD. Can I add another program in the popup autoplay program list? Also, is it possible to use WinDVD for my default player when I insert a DVD? Thanks.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,349 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Jan-2008, 02:41 AM #2
click start and type in autoplay. and click on it. there you can change autoplay option. i have windvd to start when i put in a dvd

Member with 65 posts.

25-Jan-2008, 10:39 AM #3
I did try to change in there, but there have only window media player, open folder, don't do anything. I did not have windvd or other choice.

Can I add other program in this list? Thanks.
Computer Specs
Member with 2,349 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
25-Jan-2008, 12:01 PM #4
are you sure you have windvd installed on your pc? if it is it should show up there. you could try to switch that to (ask me every time) then the autoplay will pop up. and if you have windvd on your pc . it will show it there. if it ain't showing up you might have other problem's.
Member with 65 posts.

25-Jan-2008, 10:23 PM #5
Yes, I think the computer has some problem. I only can launch windvd and then play the dvd. The pop up only has window media player for autoplay.

I don't think any other method to add this software for the popup autoplay list. Anyone can tell me? Thanks.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!