Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

ADS Instant HDTV PCI sound device doesn't work!!!

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 41 posts.

Experience: Somewhere between beginne
29-Jan-2008, 03:27 AM #1
ADS Instant HDTV PCI sound device doesn't work!!!
Hello, today I bought Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit. Everything works fine, except for my sound. In the device manager it says 'the device cannot start (code 10)'. I went onto the ADS website and checked for drivers and found this message about the Vista drivers - ADS Tech does not directly distribute Windows Vista drivers for this device. This is because the drivers were developed by Microsoft and Philips. The drivers for this HDTV card are built directly into the Windows Vista operating system.
In Windows Vista x86 and x64, you need only physically install the card. The operating system will install its own driver automatically when the new hardware is detected.

I have no idea idea what it means, can someone please help? Its not fun having a computer with no sound
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,245 posts.

29-Jan-2008, 09:59 PM #2
Basically it tells you that ADS does not provide the drivers for Vista.
You should be able to use the default drivers build in with Vista.

See this guide how to install/update the drivers: http://www.leadtek.com.tw/eng/suppor...ll_w_Vista.pdf
Dutchman1252
Guest with n/a posts.

26-Feb-2008, 06:00 AM #3
I have the same problem as Jake (and many others), only I have Vista Home Premium 32bit. And Jake says: The operating system will install its own driver automatically. I don't think I have the OWN driver on my pc. Can I download one for free somewhere? Thanks for an answer. Dutchman1252.
Computer Specs
Member with 41 posts.

26-Feb-2008, 06:03 AM #4
it ok i fixed it now. I fixed it by not actually installing the drivers for the sound card, but for another sound device, which was quite odd because the sound card has the exclamation mark on it. And to install drivers automatically, right click and select update drivers or something.
hope this helps!
Dutchman1252
Guest with n/a posts.

26-Feb-2008, 06:11 AM #5
Jake, I'm not a computer wizz. I'm sorry but I dont understand what you are saying.
As for : And to install drivers automatically, right click and select update drivers or something. That's what I did, but I have the ADS Instant HDTV PCI so update this one does not work. I understand that I need to choose or install another sound device. And then for that device download the driver update. Right?
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

Experience: Newbie-ish
09-Mar-2008, 03:01 AM #6
eek
Hey, I am a newb at this Vista stuff, I just got my XPS 420 and the sound worked for like 10 minutes...now I ahve this problem, says Code 10 and it can not start. Please please help me out anybody..keep in mind i'm a noob at Vista I am use to XP..thank you very much
Computer Specs
Member with 41 posts.

09-Mar-2008, 06:48 AM #7
Okay, basically install the driver not for the one experiencing the problem, but another sound device one. Eg, go to Device Manager, then Sound, video and game controllers and update the drivers for everything in there, even the ones not experiencing problems.
Computer Specs
Member with 41 posts.

09-Mar-2008, 06:49 AM #8
Well, Vista is just basically XP with tedious memory guzzling graphic effects. And look at the reply I sent to Dutchman1252, hope that helps.
Computer Specs

09-Mar-2008, 11:09 AM #9
Alright, I am close to getting it done, when I update the driver it tells me microsoft found software for the device but had an error while installing it, does this mean I need a new sound card?

Also on the bottom of the screen the little speaker has a red X and tells me there is no sound device installed..
Computer Specs

09-Mar-2008, 04:04 PM #10
Oh wow, never mind, I found that after I took Norton security out it works..hhmm Norton is not doing good in my book.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!