Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Must Refresh to see New Folders/Files on Network Drive

(!)

Member with 32 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Feb-2008, 02:56 PM #1
Cool Must Refresh to see New Folders/Files on Network Drive
We have three computers running Windows Vista Enterprise that all connect to a network drive. Originally all had the same problem but now one is mysteriously working correctly. The other two machines must refresh after creating a new folder or file on the mapped server location in order to see the new folder/file, and then of course must click it again to rename it. I have searched around and tried all the suggestions I have found, which have not been many. We have rebuilt the thumbnail database and disabled Offline Files but the issue persists. Both of the computers that are experiencing this issue have another mapped network drive that works properly, they can create a new folder/file and it is immediately visible. And the third Vista machine and other XP machines are working correctly with this network location.

I am out of ideas. If it were just one computer or if all computers were having the same issue with the same network location, it would make more sense. Does anyone have any ideas, at all?

Thanks, Hallie
Member with 32 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Feb-2008, 03:19 PM #2
Thumbs up Solved!
After posting this, realized there was one thing I had not tried. I disconnected and then reconnected the mapped network drive and now all is working as it should. Buggy...
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!