Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Asus laptop will not startup

(!)

Member with 30 posts.

29-Apr-2008, 01:17 AM #1
Question Solved: Asus laptop will not startup
Product Type : Notebook
Product Model : F3Sc
Purchased: Feb/March 2008

About a week after getting my new laptop, it began to not startup properly i.e. would turn itself off, even when I had shut it down correctly. This was not a major issue, and the laptop would work properly if you turned it back on again immediately.

Just today I switched on my laptop (same annoying shutdown on startup) used it for some time before switching it off. When i attempted to turn it back on later this afternoon, NOTHING works...

I am given 2 options on startup: "Launch Startup Repair" or "Start Windows Normally". When I press enter on the startup repair, it always brings up the same screen repeatedly. And when I try to start windows normally, the computer restarts.

If you press delete several times when the laptop is booting up, you can sometimes access the advanced startup settings (i.e. safe mode, last known settings etc) - I've tried most of these and none will work (system just restarts again). Also, I've pressed ESC and delete repeatedly and brought up a BIOS screen which recognises my HDD (SATA: PM FUJITSU)and my cd/dvd drive. I am given the choice to boot either of these but they bring me back to the same "Windows Recovery Error" page

Please help me, I need to use my laptop daily for important tasks/files
Thankyou vm
Member with 17,584 posts.

29-Apr-2008, 01:56 AM #2
Your laptop plainly has serious issues, which are quite likely to be hardware related.

It's only a week ot two old.

It must be under warranty, so send it back.
Member with 390 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
29-Apr-2008, 04:38 PM #3
If you have a Vista OS disk you can boot with it, select the Command Prompt option and type in chkdsk /f/r then press Enter key. Let it proceed and finish then reboot. Chances are you don't have a Vista OS disk. If you have access to another computer you can download a free Vista recovery disk here.

http://neosmart.net/blog/2008/window...disc-download/

Don't forget to set your CD drive to boot first in your BIOS.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!