Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional ***

(!)

Junior Member with 3 posts.

06-Jul-2008, 08:59 PM #1
Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional ***
okay....so im completly new to this site....and i had a problem with this stupid windows thing...lol and nothing would play out of frikn anything. like mp3 and all the music n videos on my computer wouldnt play..i looked for help on forums...and i came across this site with the hope of the thread that said
Windows Media Player encountered a problem while playing the file. For additional assistance, click Web Help. 'SOLVED' but it was like a 1914 thread and no one helped me when i replyd last week...and sum other guy...so im found a cure...some how...lol they say on the old post to download k lite codec bla bla bla...well you should...do it once...let it delete the corupt rejistery files or wat not...but dont uninstall it yet...this is how i fixed mine...

...try right clicking volume mixer in the bottom right task bar...were u can controll the main volume n stuff...right click and select recording devices...then it will open up a window... click on the tab 'recording' and if there is only a microphone symbol there...right click in that box and press the 'show disabled disabled devices' and if u see 'cd audio' and 'stereo mix' that means there disabled..lol so right click on them and enable...and then sumthing like that should work...well it worked for me...so all the best....

As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!