Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

PC wont post, EB error?

(!)

Junior Member with 4 posts.

09-Jan-2009, 10:43 PM #1
PC wont post, EB error?
I just finished putting together my friends CPU. At the boot it stays at the intel screen and says EB in the bottom corner. After about 20seconds it powers off. We originally had to replace the ram because it was too high voltage but now we still have a problem. I am thinking the motherboard is still having a problem reading the RAM. Anyone have any ideas of what i could do?

Here is what he has.
Intel BOXDP45SG LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 Yorkfield 2.83GHz LGA 775 95W Quad-Core Processor Model BX80569Q9550 - Retail

mushkin 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model 996585 - Retail

Also i keep trying to enter BIOS by pressing F2 and it seems like the USB keyboard isnt getting power either.

I took out the battery, left it out for about 5 hours to try and clear CMOS, I also changed the jumper too and still no progress.
Computer Specs
Member with 45 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
10-Jan-2009, 05:55 AM #2
Hello gordonheimer,

It sounds like it may be the Motherboard, is it seated correctly?

An electral spike may have even corrupted the BIOS, may be worth looking into reflashing it. If you haven't flashed a BIOS before, don't do it though, you don't want to cause more problems than solve.

Are you using any Raid drives? Remember that most BIOS settings default to IDE, so don't overlook it being a BIOS setting that needs to be changed.

Hope that helps, Goodluck.
Junior Member with 4 posts.

10-Jan-2009, 11:23 AM #3
i havent checked to see if it is seated correctly, would that cause any issues?

Im not using any RAID drives, and I have never flashed BIOS before
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!