Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Windows Update Trouble on Vista Home Basic

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
30-Mar-2009, 04:57 AM #1
Windows Update Trouble on Vista Home Basic
I have a laptop which has those system properties below:

-Mobile AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3500+ 1.80 GHz
-383 MB RAM
-Windows Vista Home Basic 32 Bit

The laptop is came from Germany. So it had Windows Vista Home Basic 32 Bit in Germany. After I got this laptop, I started to use Windows XP on it. But yesterday I installed Vista Home Basic from its original DVD and I changed its language from Germany to Turkish by using a software named "Vistalizator". The operating system is Turkish now. (Not BIOS and some of characters in command line don't appear right but it's OK.) I know that only Ultimate is available for installing language packs but I could install language packs on my Home Basic, too. Anyway, after installation everything was fine till this morning. When I try to launch Windows Update, I almost can't see anything. It just looks like below:

Is it about trying to install a language pack on Home Basic or an update that will allow to fix Windows Update? Because while no problems occured, I was prompted to install a new version of Windows Update but I was failed to do that.

I hope I can get help. I'm searching for hours but for now I got nothing.
Member with 109 posts.

Experience: on the job
30-Mar-2009, 07:14 AM #2
I beleive you need the latest version of the windows update agent for the language pack you have installed. More information here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949104
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
windows update problem, windows vista 32-bit

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!