Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

windows vista diagnose

(!)

Computer Specs
Member with 144 posts.

Experience: HUH, what's that?
06-Apr-2009, 04:35 AM #16
No Bother dude, your very welcome. If you have any further issues please don't hesitate to return to techguy.org where I or thousands of other users will be glad to offer our assistance where ever possible.

***EDIT***
What I would try in your situation is to remove the Virus that I pointed out. Then try a repair install of Vista using the Microsoft Vista disk (If You Have One) That way it should repair the operating system whilst keeping your personal data and settings intact. I will Post links to the information for those two task for your consideration;

(As with most reinstallations, HDD, MBR maintainence or similar tasks that may put your Data at risk, It is recommended that you backup everything you need too keep before proceeding.)

Step 1...Remove "winsmss.exe";
http://www.oral8.cn/viruscom/viruscom_19718.html

Step 2...Do A Vista Repair Install;
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-repair-install-vista.html

(NOTE: If you find that you can't delete "winsmss.exe" because of a 'File Locked or In Use' error, Then May I also suggest a freeware application called unlocker...Which is available here; http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/)

Last edited by Deagon; 06-Apr-2009 at 05:01 AM.. Reason: Bad Spelling, As Usual...LOL
Computer Specs
Member with 33 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
09-Apr-2009, 09:55 AM #17
hi

i just reinstalled my windows. obviously that the problems have all disappeared.

thanks for your continuous support.
Computer Specs
Member with 144 posts.

Experience: HUH, what's that?
15-Apr-2009, 05:00 AM #18
I'm sorry it had to go to that, but at least the issue is gone now. Take care and happy computing.
Computer Specs
Member with 33 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
15-Apr-2009, 06:32 AM #19
thanks

take care you too
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
diagnose, repairing windows, vista, windows

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!