Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Consistency Checking on C Drive

(!)

Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
19-Apr-2009, 10:02 AM #1
Unhappy Solved: Consistency Checking on C Drive
Hey,

My laptop recently froze completely even the trusty alt control delete would not work so I had to turn it off using the power button which I know is very naughty! However, now my laptop keeps showing a message after i switch it on saying it has to check my c drive because of a consistency error and if i want to stop it press any key. Now at first i left it but nothing at all happened, the second time i pressed the space bar to cancel the programme but nothing happened again it seems to freeze on me whatever i do. I have left it 'checking' my c drive for about 2 hours now but it does not even have a percentage bar to tell me how far it is completed. (which I have read other people have seen) I know I have a large C drive due to the Sims 2 and other games but I don't know whether I should just leave my laptop to it or if there is something else I should try. Please help! university student in desperate need of her laptop!!!
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,056 posts.

Experience: Einstein
19-Apr-2009, 01:46 PM #2
Typically cutting the power doesn't cause a problem but in some cases the head can crash into the platter or the data that is currently being written fails to be wrote. If you run a chkdsk /r that should take care of the issue.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!