Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

DVD/CD-ROM Drives missing in device Manager

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

24-May-2009, 03:03 PM #1
DVD/CD-ROM Drives missing in device Manager
i recently installed Windows 7 RC 64-bit on my Asus G50V, after that i can't find my dvd/cd-rom on My computer. In Device Manager i can't find DVD/CD-ROM drivers.

can anyone help me?
Member with 3,303 posts.

Experience: n00b
24-May-2009, 03:16 PM #2
I just installed Win7 and had to go to 'computer' on start menu to find the cd/dvd drive - I thought I wouldn't be able to load my mb drivers because it didn't self-start...but all is well now. Not too bad so far.
Computer Specs

Experience: Intermediate
25-Jun-2009, 12:48 PM #3
im also have the same problem, my win7 beta was expiring and when i decided to upgrade to the RC, i noticed my cd/dvd drive wasn't in my computer, nor the device manager. i tried editing the registry(upperfilters and lower) nothing!!...i had to do the upgrade through my external hard drive hoping during the reinstall process, windows would detect the drive...(sigh) installed successfully but it didnt fix drive prob....anyone with any idea fo hwo to get this problem fixed?
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,059 posts.

25-Jun-2009, 03:17 PM #4
see if this will help anybody.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

good luck
Computer Specs

27-Jun-2009, 02:42 PM #5
AHHHAAA!!!!! finally my drive is back!!, kenny i have already tried that registry edit, worked the first time this happened to me, but didn't work the second time around. thanks for your help anyway. kunuKG, i used a program called registry checker by nero, did the trick for me, try it. i had to run it as the administrator, and if it doesn't work the first time, changed it compatibility to windows xp. ftp://ftp6.nero.com/RegistryChecker.exe
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!