Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Stop:Ox0000008e (0xc0000005, 08xd5d17da,0x9bea010, 0x000000)

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
16-Jun-2009, 10:11 AM #1
Stop:Ox0000008e (0xc0000005, 08xd5d17da,0x9bea010, 0x000000)
I received the BSOD last night, June 15. For the last 2 days, since June 13, when I booted into Vista, I received a message indicating my computer was unable to recognize a USB Driver. During this time, it was taking a lot of time to boot up, to get beyond the normal blue screen preceeding login. I ran Macafee Saturday night and had no problems. I also had trouble logging into Internet Explorer. I went to a favorite and clicked Connect and was then able to log in as normal.

When I received BSOD, I rebooted in Safe Mode and ran virus scan. Macafee appears to have "Fixed" 2 files in Win32 area, and Quarantined a 3rd. However, I cannot seem to address the Quarantined File. The computer boots back up without me prompting, appears to be doing fine (normal screen with ikons etc, then the BSOD comes up. When I run Macafee again (in Safe Mode), I again am told the 2 files in Win32 are repaired and the 3rd quarantined.

Also, when I log in Safe Mode, Macafee says I am not being protected.

This issue appears to be a result of some virus or malware, but I do not know what to do.

Also, within Safe Mode can I copy critical files onto a portable hard drive I have?

I am computer literate but am NOT familiar with BIOS or Driver Diagnoses and need specific guidance.

I appreciate your help!!!
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
16-Jun-2009, 10:42 AM #2
Did it mention what files?

Is there any problem with USB now?
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!