Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Cursor, everything, moves to the left - help?

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

28-Jun-2009, 06:47 PM #1
Cursor, everything, moves to the left - help?
When I am typing in an address bar, google search, anything, the cursor will randomly move to the left at times and I'll end up typing things completely wrong. I first thought there was something wrong with my keyboard, or that the left arrow was pressed down but it isn't. This also occurs while watching youtube videos. I will play a video and all of a sudden it will rewind automatically in increments until it gets back to the start. Even when I start it again or fast forward it will still randomly rewind, making videos impossible to watch. Not only that but it happens when I highlight an item on my desktop or open "all programs" in my start menu. The highlight will move to the left, making it impossible to select items sometimes unless I click really fast so it doesn't move before I hit the item.

This doesn't happen all the time, but it does on a daily basis and it randomly sneaks up on me. I'll be 4 minutes into a youtube video and it will do it and rewind. Some days it doesn't do it at all.

I scan my computer daily with bitdefender and spybot. I'm running a Lenovo laptop with 1.8 dual core and 4gb ram that isn't even a year old. Any suggestions?
Junior Member with 12 posts.

Experience: Computer Illiterate
28-Jun-2009, 08:46 PM #2
I cant think of anything else than a keyboard problem. If i were in such a situation i would turn on my on screen keyboard and spy the situation, because when you type the on screen keyboard buttons "type" too. So if the left arrow is sometimes "pressing itself" youll notice that.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 19 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
28-Jun-2009, 09:35 PM #3
I am having the same issues with my Acer Aspire laptop. Let me know if yours gets resolved. I haven't figured anything out yet.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

30-Jun-2009, 11:09 PM #4
Thanks for the try linksin, but it doesn't seem to be the keyboard. Anyone else have any ideas? I was just trying to look at pics on facebook and it kept cycling through the pics and I didn't even do anything. Might be the most irritating thing I've ever dealt with on a computer.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!