Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Blue Screen of Death"Page Fault in nonpaged Area"

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
31-Jul-2009, 06:46 PM #1
Blue Screen of Death"Page Fault in nonpaged Area"
Hey guys, for the last week, I've been getting the BSoD. I've fixed it before, but this time, I just can't figure it out. The error message says "Page fault in non-paged area".

-Windows 7 Ultimate Edition(64 Bit)
-3 gigs of ram
-AMD Athalon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+
-465 Gig Hard Drive

Error code is: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFFA7FF233E890, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFFA800233E809, 0x0000000000000007)
Computer Specs
Member with 45,855 posts.

Experience: I know when to fold em'
01-Aug-2009, 11:19 AM #2
If it's just a week old a System Restore would be the best thing to try for a quick fix.

Were there any installations this week, perhaps Windows updates? Is there a pattern to the BSODs, such as gaming, scanning or heavy CPU or GPU usage?

You can open the Control Panel's Performance Information and Tools > Advanced > Reliability Monitor (or run perfmon /reliabilty) to see a an indexed log of both installs, other changes and errors. Might be a clue there.

I can run a debugging utility on the dump files if you do this:

1 > create a new folder on the desktop and call it "dumpcheck" or whatever you like
2 > navigate to c:\windows\minidump and copy the last few minidump files to that folder. *this assumes 'c' is your boot drive, if it is not, subsitute accordingly
3 > close the folder and right click on it and select Send to Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4 > use the "manage attachments" in the "advanced" reply window to upload that zip file here as an attachment.

This might point us to a non Microsoft driver causing the error, if one exists for it.

If you do not see any minidumps, be sure you are not using any cache cleaner such as CCleaner. Also run sysdm.cpl and select Advanced > Startup and Recovery. Make sure "small memory dump" is the one chosen under "write debugging information" and the location should be %systemroot%\minidump

Test the ram: run mdsched.exe and on reboot to the scanner press F1 for Advanced options and run the extended tests.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Beginner
02-Aug-2009, 12:08 AM #3
Thanks for the response. Here are the minidumps.
Attached Files
File Type: zip miniidump.zip (291.3 KB, 386 views)
Computer Specs
Member with 45,855 posts.

Experience: I know when to fold em'
02-Aug-2009, 11:38 AM #4
Results are inconclusive -- but most point to memory management errors in system drivers.

Were you experiencing these before the 19 th -- since that is when the bugchecks begin? If not, what changed then?

Might be graphics related from some of the bugchecks -- but the memory corruption is so extensive on some that I suspect hardware, possibly the ram.

And what is the pattern -- do they occur on the desktop, gaming, heavy CPU or GPU usage?

Can you force a BSOD in a "clean boot"?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 << written for Vista

Have you tested the ram? (run mdsched.exe) -- on reboot to the scanner press F1 for Advanced Options and run the extended tests.

I'm assuming this works for Win7 as it does on Vista -- let me know if it doesn't. Also let me know any instructions that don't seem to apply to Win7 -- since I am looking at this from a Vista standpoint still.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
bsod, fault, page, windows 7

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!