Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Solved: Will not start even in safe mode-win.sys.32

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

18-Oct-2009, 10:25 AM #1
Exclamation Solved: Will not start even in safe mode-win.sys.32
HI, I am freaking out. I deleted a bunch of files yesterday as Vista upgrade advisor said not enough disk space to install my Windows 7 Ultimate(I won & have here)so I right clicked a bunch of files and deleted them. Restarted computer and it goes to x.windows.system.32/cmd.exe.start.net.cmd and it is a half page black screen then it scrolls showing tons of system32 fiiles then goes to a gray screen with 2 folders on it and the one folder is sending paper to the other folder. This folder swapping was on all night and it will not stop. I shut it off and tried to start in safe mode--acted like it was and still went to the swapping folder screen. I tried putting my Windows 7 Ultimate in and hoped it would start up and boot from it but you could hear the CD-Rom drive whining like crazy but nothing happened besides still going to swapping of folders screen. It never stops so I can type anything in. I cannot even get to my start button or my desktop. Nothing happens when I control-Alt-Delete. What shoud I do? Oh yeah--in the background of the half screen that is black is FlexBuild 2.0 cpc-dash 2.00.14-never heard of this. I am not very computer savvy but I will try anything. Had to restore this to a different date last week and have mozy backing everything up and have on flash drive. Please help. Thank you. Kathy with a K
Computer Specs
Member with 66 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
18-Oct-2009, 03:31 PM #2
Well cmd.exe is Command Prompt. That is the application to access the kernel of your operating system. Windows showing you the win/32 files loading means its going into safe mode or you turned GUI boot off. I don't know about the files swapping though. Take a picture with your camera and post it, maybe that will help people figure out whats wrong. While its booting, does it flash any warnings or boot problems? Do you have the original Vista install disk? Then you could boot from the disk and do a system repair from a system restore point. If not, just boot from the Windows 7 disk and do a clean install. If you don't want to do that, try entering system menu at start up and changing the BIOS settings. Make sure everything is configured for Vista and then restart. What exact files did you delete. You couldn't of deleted any core system files since they are not registered to you unless you hack your own OS. Give me a rough idea of the files you deleted and I'll know where to go from there. Hope this helps. Bigioale
Junior Member with 2 posts.

18-Oct-2009, 07:14 PM #3
It is reformatting
I was able to get it to the bios so I could change boot to cd-rom--installed the disks that came with it new and it is reformatting now. I thought all I deleted was pictures and documents but apparently not. I did delete some eula files but they said eula.txt so I thought it was ok. Now after all this tomorrow I will install the Windows 7 Ultimate I got from House Party by doing a clean install so this is all for nothing. Oh well, I just pray it is ok tomorrow. The file thing is what you see when you transfer files--2 folders--one passing a piece of paper to the other one. It was like stuck on that though--even after I reinstalled the recovery disks but I left it alone for awhile and now it says the normal--do not turn off until this is completed thing as it is reinstalling my Vista.
Thank you so so so much for answering me. I can't tell you how comforting it is to know there is someone out there that can help in times like this. You have a good evening and God Bless, Kathy with a K
If you ever go to Eons.com--I am the Kathy Hayes also Facebook
Thanks a bunch!
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
cmd.exe., system32, vista, windows 7

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!