Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

blue error STOP: 0x0000C1F5

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Beginner
14-Nov-2009, 11:48 AM #1
Unhappy blue error STOP: 0x0000C1F5
I am currently on my desktop, but my problem is with my Toshiba Satellite notebook. I turned on my notebook and it showed there is a problem with windows and gave me the choice to let window repair or start normally. I have tried both of these options, but nothing works. Every time it goes to a blue screen that says a problem was detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to computer. The error code is: ***STOP: 0x0000C1F5 (0xFFFFFFFFC01A000A, 0xFFFFFA8002AC9000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)
I've tried safe mode, it doesn't work, it goes right back to the blue error screen. I don't have a vista disk. I'm not very good with the tech aspects of computers. Someone please help!!! I don't care about the info stored on the notebook, I just want to be able to use it again!
Computer Specs
Member with 45,855 posts.

Experience: I know when to fold em'
14-Nov-2009, 12:32 PM #2
This is a really difficult problem to address. The following might help you:

http://www.google.com/search?client=...utf-8&oe=utf-8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwSvIhyZRVc

http://www.puppylinux.com/

http://vistasupport.mvps.org/windows...ir_options.htm

Basically you need a boot disk that will enable you to find and delete this file: $TxfLog

Then reboot and run a "startup repair" -- which you should have available as a pre-installed option found through the F8 boot menu > "repair my computer"
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
08-Dec-2009, 12:27 AM #3
0x0000C1F5 Solution
A Microsoft tech indicated the solution -- download Windows 7 beta, and start the install process. Initially it will go out and check vista and fix the problem. However, DO NOT install W7. Just let it check the system and fix the offending file.

Unfortunately, by the time I got this solution, I had reinstalled the os after much consternation. I cannot vouch for it working.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

13-Jan-2010, 02:22 PM #4

After installing Vista SP1 and after the restart I received a Stop Error 0x0000c1f5.
This stop error would not let me use the Recovery disk and would not let me boot into safe mode. This happen on a Sony Vaio notebook VGN-NR120E with Vista. I contact Sony and Microsoft with this issue. They all say that Windows 7 will fix this issue and wanted to know if I had a windows 7 DVD. Well if I did I would have not been talking to them at all I would have use the Windows 7 to try to fix the problem or just installed Windows 7. Lets say if your system is lock with a BSOD with this stop error 0x0000c1f5 you will find it very difficult to fix. But I did find a way. Microsoft and Sony were unable to help so this left me on my own. First I tried the program called System Rescue Cd to remove the corrupted $TxfLog file. This did remove the file but still had the stop error 0x0000c1f5. Then I tried Super FDISK. This was able to erase the HDD enough to remove the stop error 0x0000c1f5. Now I was able to use the Recovery Disk to diagnostic the system. Once you erase the HDD with Super FDISK you will not be able to restore Vista. You will have to use the Recovery Dick to wipe clean the HDD and reinstall Vista. During the Disc erase of the HDD using the Recovery Disc I had an error that would not let the program erase all of the data off the HDD. So I downloaded the Drive Fitness Test Cd image program from Hitachi Global Storage Technologies to check the HDD. After the diagnostic test was finish the program informed me that the HDD had failed. The problem was a bad sector in the HDD. Before I replace the HDD I also downloaded the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool from Microsoft to check the rest of the system. This let me know that everything else was ok and it was only the HDD that failed. Then I check the rest of the system with the Recovery Disk. I replace the HDD and use the Recovery Disk to reinstall Vista. If your system passes the entire diagnostics test then all you have to do is erase the HDD and install Vista. This error is known to have happen after the installation of Vista SP1. Microsoft knows about the problem and has created a hot fix. But if you already have a stop error and cannot get into safe mode the hot fix will not help. I used Nero burning software to make a bootable cd for the following programs. System Rescue Cd, Super FDISK, Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool from Microsoft and Drive Fitness Test Cd image program from Hitachi Global Storage Technologies. These programs are in an ISO Image format. So you need burning software to make bootable cd from an ISO Image. I hope that this will help and it is a bummer that Microsoft and Sony couldn't help. I have also found out this issue with Vista SP1 has happen on other platforms.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

13-Jan-2010, 03:38 PM #5
Your experience is similar to mine. I gave up and wrote letters to Microsft and HP. The MS rep told me about the beta W7. However, by that time the disk had been reformatted, etc, which had to be done on an XP machine because a Vista machne would read the drive and BSOD, even though it was not the boot drive.

I was also aware of the hotfix. As you pointed out, Vista must be running to load the hotfix. MS was asked why didn't they provide a bootable program that would go in and fix the problem but I never got an answer.

Microsoft knows what the problem is. Microsoft knows what the fix is. Microsoft has the expertise to write a program that will boot and fix the problem, as demonstrated by W7 and a hot fix. Why Microsoft will not write a single purpose bootable program that fixes the problem is beyond me. I would think in the interest of good customer service and support, this would be a no brainer for Microsoft.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 4 posts.

13-Jan-2010, 04:58 PM #6
I do know that after if you call Microsoft enough that they will send your info to the Microsoft research team. They say that the Research will call you back in two hours. But they won't. Let just say that I handle this in a professional manner and was able to talk to a manager long enough for him to hang up on me. Called back to talk to another manager and told him about the first manager. He apologizes for that and went on a conference call with me with Sony. The result was with Sony also was that I would have to purchase Windows 7. I called Microsoft back and they finally connected me the research team. They finally gave in was able to let me down load Window 7. They will not give you the key codes to install Windows 7, which is ok because you don't need to.
The problem was that I don't have high speed Internet so it would take to long to down load over 3GB. That’s why I had to figure this stop error out on my own. I have Vista up and running with SP1 and SP2 that I downloaded from Microsoft. This seems to work faster with no errors rather than download it thru the Internet with MS updates. One question that I did ask the manager was that know I now why most companies stayed away from Vista. The should have learned there lesson after Windows ME. So if you have another computer to download Windows 7 they will stay on the phone with you to help you download Windows 7. Warning this will take alot call transfers and calling back to get to that point. Now on Windows for work Mac for home.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
0x0000c1f5, blue screen, no program disk, safe mode issue, vista error message

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!