Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

BSOD 0x00000124 error

(!)

Junior Member with 2 posts.

19-Dec-2009, 01:54 AM #1
BSOD 0x00000124 error
Hi, I am having frequent blue screen error 0x00000124 on my Windows Vista machine. It says an uncorrectable hardware error and is followed by a restart. I have run memtest and my ram is ok. I have found that BSOD happens when I use wireless internet (firefox or IE). I am dumping my dmp file here.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mini121909-04.zip (22.4 KB, 10 views)
Computer Specs
Member with 45,855 posts.

Experience: I know when to fold em'
19-Dec-2009, 01:36 PM #2
When did this begin, and have you tried using System Restore to a prior date?

This does not correct for hardware errors though, which is what this appears to be.

What type of Wireless configuration do you have? Is the wireless integrated into the motherboard, or are you using an installed adapter?.

If an adapter, it may be bad and should be replaced, but you can try updating the drivers for it from either the computer vendor or wireless vendor's site for your model.
Junior Member with 2 posts.

19-Dec-2009, 02:11 PM #3
Hi, thanks for the reply. I am having this problem from the very beginning when I bought the dell latitude laptop d630 couple of months earlier and before even I had installed anything new. I was working on my desktop and so was not bother about the laptop problem. But now I need to use the laptop more frequently mainly for the internet and having this problem very frequent. My laptop has dell wireless 1395 WLan Mini-Card. I installed latest driver for it but it was of no help to the situation.
Computer Specs
Member with 45,855 posts.

Experience: I know when to fold em'
20-Dec-2009, 02:35 AM #4
If this problem is really exclusive to using wireless -- then the internal card should be replaced. Is the system still under warranty?

I don't believe the card is particularly hard to replace, if your manual gives clear instructions, you might just want to remove it, polish the contacts some, and reseat it for a test.

By the way, not to raise any undue alarm, but this is an issue you should be aware of now, particularly if you are near or just over the warranty period (it may be extended for this particular issue) >>

http://en.community.dell.com/blogs/d...op-owners.aspx
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!