Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

How to resize screen? (Laptop to HDTV w/HDMI)

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
19-Jan-2010, 06:38 PM #1
How to resize screen? (Laptop to HDTV w/HDMI)
I've seen an NVIDIA laptop use a "Resize Screen" program that works majestically. Unfortunately, I do not have a laptop with an NVIDIA graphics card (It's a Radeon, I think...in a Sony VIAO). Is there a program out there that will resize a screen to fit the TV? As you might have already guessed, when I use an HDMI cable from Laptop to HDTV, the screen just doesn't fit properly! Annoying...
dannyn has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 1,689 posts.

19-Jan-2010, 09:11 PM #2
Well there is a chance that your computer does not have the right resolution for your tv... but...

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...een-resolution

See if you can't make that work for you.
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

20-Jan-2010, 04:36 AM #3
The picture shows up too large for the TV screen and everything is cut off. The NVIDIA program allows you to slide a slider which, in turn, makes your screen shrink or expand horizontally and vertically. The link provided in the first response is just going through "properties" and changing the resolution, all of which provides a similar problem. Again, is there ANY program out there that does what's described above for ANY graphics card?
dannyn has a Photo Album
Computer Specs
Member with 1,689 posts.

21-Jan-2010, 01:11 AM #4
Not that I know of.

For some reason I am getting the feeling your computer doesn't support the native resolution of our tv. Most computer and video sources can talk back and forth and determine the correct size.

You could try this but I have never used it before and cannot vouch for its correctness
http://www.freakygaming.com/tutorial...n_windows.html
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!