Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

Control Panel Programs & Features problem

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

Experience: Intermediate
21-Jan-2010, 03:35 PM #1
Control Panel Programs & Features problem
The Programs & Features option of my Control Panel on Windows Vista no longer lists all my programs, and when I highlight one of the programs that does appear, the Uninstall option does not show up. How can I fix this? Thanks.
Computer Specs
Senior Member with 1,059 posts.

21-Jan-2010, 03:58 PM #2
hello
here is a free uninstaller, it's better than windows, as it makes sure the program is fully uninstalled (from the registry also)....good luck
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html
Computer Specs
Junior Member with 2 posts.

21-Jan-2010, 04:07 PM #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny111111 View Post
hello
here is a free uninstaller, it's better than windows, as it makes sure the program is fully uninstalled (from the registry also)....good luck
http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_..._download.html
Kenny, thanks. I downloaded Revo, but I see that it too lists less than half the programs I have installed. I opened several programs that don't appear in the list and those I tried still work. One that does appear, Skype, will not open, which is why I was trying to uninstall it. I thought if I uninstalled and reinstalled that might solve the problem. I'm uninstalling it now with Revo, but there's still the problem of all the programs that aren't showing up. Any suggestions what to do? Thanks.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 51,993 posts.

Experience: "Been through the mill."
21-Jan-2010, 04:09 PM #4
Did you use a registry cleaner or some other "tool" to optimize your machine, supposedly? You need to restore what that program butchered out of your registry and get rid of it before you lose everything else. Your system is almost certainly damaged beyond repair already and many new problems will appear in the future.

If you can't do that, use a Restore Point.

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!