Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

ANNOYING clicking noise coming from my speakers

(!)

Member with 14 posts.

30-Mar-2010, 07:43 PM #1
ANNOYING clicking noise coming from my speakers
I have a XPS m1330 that is roughly a year and a half old, running windows vista. Recently it has been making an annoying clicking or "popping" sound that comes from the speakers. Every twenty to thirty seconds, there is a single (occasionally double) audible pop/click sound played out of the speakers. I am fairly certain that this not a hard drive issue, because the noise seems to stop when the laptop is muted and also when i use headphones or plug my laptop into external speakers, the noise stays, just comes through said headphones or speakers. Ive tried closing all open programs but this does no good. Please help!

I saw on another forum that someone thought this may be related to wireless devices creating interference. Any thoughts on this or a way to test for it.
TheShooter93   (Cody) TheShooter93 is online now TheShooter93 has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Member with 9,701 posts.

Experience: Advanced
30-Mar-2010, 07:46 PM #2
It is true that wireless devices may be causing interference, and that would in fact be my first guess.

But in the event that it isn't this, I'd suggest reinstalling your audio drivers. But that's really the best I can do for you. Again, my first guess is the wireless interference.

As far as a way to test for it? Take your laptop far away from anything like a cell phone, microwave, etc.
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
clicking, laptop, sound, speakers, vista

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!