Advertisement

There's no such thing as a stupid question, but they're the easiest to answer.
Login
Search

Advertisement

Windows Vista Windows Vista
Search Search
Search for:
Tech Support Guy > > >

My monitor is too bright and tinted yellow.

(!)

Computer Specs
Junior Member with 1 posts.

Experience: Advanced
24-Apr-2010, 03:40 AM #1
My monitor is too bright and tinted yellow.
I have an HP a665a pc and an HP w1907 monitor, and my os is windows vista (32 bit). When I log in, my display is normal for several seconds, then switches to a brighter and yellow tinted version of what it should. This happens in all programs, and I have no idea how to fix it. I have tried reseting and changing settings on the monitor, tightening and adjusting cables and wires, but the yellow tint remains. I have not been able to find a solution in the control panel either. Any help would be appreciated.
Computer Specs
Moderator with 52,935 posts.

24-Apr-2010, 04:00 AM #2
is this connected by a VGA connection - if so have a look at the pins on the plug at both ends of cable , if fitted , and make sure none are bent - a very common problem with VGA plugs - some pins bend and you can still get the plug screwed in - I have seen, red and green tints as a result of this problem ...
Quote:
When I log in, my display is normal for several seconds, then switches to a brighter and yellow tinted version of what it should.
BUT it usually is all the time ... still worth a check as you have tried everything else

If not a bent pin - i would then start in safe mode and see if the display works ok with just a basic vga driver rather than the full graphics driver - as the PC boots tap f8 - a menu should appear - choose safemode - see if that provides a better display - if so then we know its software of somekind
flavallee   (Frank) flavallee is offline flavallee is a Trusted Advisor with special permissions. flavallee has a Profile Picture
Computer Specs
Trusted Advisor with 58,891 posts.

Experience: Advanced
24-Apr-2010, 11:41 AM #3
Can you confirm the model number of your HP computer? I'm coming up blank at the HP/Compaq site with "HP a665a". Also advise what the product/part number on the sticker is.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the support and software site for the HP w1907 19" LCD monitor.

Display Quality Issues - Screen Is Discolored

To fix incorrect colors, complete the following steps:

Check the video cable connections and make sure the connection is not loose. Tighten the connection screws if the connector is loose.

Press the Auto or Autoselect button on the monitor.

Press Menu , and select Factory Reset . If the screen is still discolored, continue to the next step.

If the monitor has more than one type of connection available such as VGA, DVI, or HDMI, try a different type of connection.

If possible, connect the monitor to another computer. If the colors are incorrect when the monitor is connected to the second computer, the monitor might be damaged or defective.

Service the monitor.

------------------------------------------------------------------
As Seen On

BBC, Reader's Digest, PC Magazine, Today Show, Money Magazine
WELCOME TO TECH SUPPORT GUY!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Tags
colour, display, monitor, vista, yellow

(clock)
THIS THREAD HAS EXPIRED.
Are you having the same problem? We have volunteers ready to answer your question, but first you'll have to join for free. Need help getting started? Check out our Welcome Guide.

Search Tech Support Guy

Find the solution to your
computer problem!